Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MOTTOLA
GUITAR...PARIS

Command Quadraphonic – CQD 40001 (1971 QS LP)

MOTTOLA GUITAR...PARIS.jpg

Mine arrived today, too. I wish the Wish SACD had a slipcase like the other two.
Yes, that would look nice. I was worried when I first unboxed the Animals SACD today. I thought it looked like it was a shorter form factor then the first two until I put them all together. Ah, why would they do this!?!? Oh, they didn’t! Whew!

Brett, how far behind can Bernstein's iconic MASS be.....Imagine that in discrete 4 corner QUAD as only Michael Dutton can elicit from those 'ancient' Columbia Masterwork QUAD analogue masters?
We can only hope he gets it and other Quad treasures released. Btw, are these 3 Haydn symphonies and no.96 the only ones in Quad? Lenny recorded a few others with the NY Phil in the quad era. It would be great to have those if a quad version exists.

DONOVAN - COSMIC WHEELS
*My first Penteo Up-Mix, and yes it sounds fantastic (4.0 of course)

View attachment 44751
Allmusic gives this album only 2 stars. o_O I can only assume that Bruce Eder was having a really bad day when he listened to it. Cosmic Wheels still holds up fifty years later, arguably because it includes very inventive material. And like most stuff, listening in surround better displays it’s attributes.

Allmusic gives this album only 2 stars. o_O I can only assume that Bruce Eder was having a really bad day when he listened to it. Cosmic Wheels still holds up fifty years later, arguably because it includes very inventive material. And like most stuff, listening in surround better displays it’s attributes.
uh yeah, have absolutely loved that album since I first got it when it was released in the 70's.

I believe it is a long lost jewel 💎 of an album!

Also, improper thread for me to post it here - :oops:

It had a couple of CD releases later IINM, but it still could use some good mastering IMO. And also some of the instruments on that album have a weird warble sound to them on my ears, like maybe tape issues or something. I should probably pull out my old beater LP and do a conversion to see how that sounds.

I'm pretty sure I updated my up-mix to 5.1 later on that also. It did have as I remember some weird placements after decode like some vocals on the right side on some songs etc. But overall up-mixes to great effect.

If SDE ever did a BD surround release of this one I'd cream all over the place :)

oh man...
I REALLY like to think that I am listening to something relatively close to what the Wizard was listening to when he remastered this in his 'tudio...

This is where albums come to become alive...(as opposed to...)
Dee Veee Babyyyyy
this SACD swings and rocks!!!
NS04MTAwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Last edited:
Back