Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20220922_174312.jpg

These arrived yesterday (excuse the 2 stereo! Cream & Camel). I have no idea what the Linda Ronstadt will be like, bought on a whim!

I listened to the Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles! Live! this afternoon. Its great, loved it, very discrete, instruments in all channels, with occasional audience in the rears (Way better mix than Lotus).

It does suffer a bit from bits of 70s-era musical noodling in places - which can happen with Santana when live.

.................... 🤫 I did pass out/fall asleep during their set at Knebworth in 1980, I can't remember if it was during the guitar or drum solo! 😳 The excessive alcohol intake didn't help. 🤪

The incomparable Martha Argerich CHOPIN [The Complete Recordings on DGG] [PURE BD~A/Dolby ATMOS/DTS~HD MA 5.1 & 2.0] Includes 5 RBCDs. Comes in a sturdy clamshell box w/22 page booklet!

81C1u2o5bzL._SL1500_.jpg

Another FAB QUAD SACD TWO~FER from the Watford Wizard in stunning DISCRETE four channel sonics

The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers
[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Not only are the contents of these two discs superlative but Norway's 2L label have graced them with the following codecs from which to choose:

Pure Audio BD~A: DTS~HD MA 5.1 24/192; 7.1.4 ATMOS 48/24; 7.1.4 Auro 3D 96/24; LPCM 2.0 192/24

SACD Layer: 5.1; 2.0 Stereo

RBCD layer: MQA Encoded

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION

TUVAYHUN — Beatitudes for a Wounded World

Last edited:
Back