Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another slam dunk homerun from Paul SDE Sinclair in stunningly discrete 5.1 and ATMOS. [LONDON RECORDS/Pure Audio BD~A]

Shakespear.jpeg

R.939abfe7001fb1d85471bc2095e10de7
SAME HERE!!!!
Wonderful album... if only because it sounds like stuff I would write!!!!
LOOOOVE IT!!!!!

Shakespears Sister ------- Hormonally Yours
SDE SURROUND SERIES Blu-ray No. 4
HOLDING THE MUSIC IN YOUR HANDS!

I'm liking this, the more I listen to it, some interesting lyrics as well...
I'm hearing some influences of what I interpret as David Bowie and Prince also.
I'll definitely be saying more when I absorb it fully a few times, and put a Poll review in.
I'm only listening in 5.1, now I'm wondering what all the full Atmos mix might add to it :unsure:

SHAKESPEARS SISTER HY.jpg

I'm only listening in 5.1, now I'm wondering what all the full Atmos mix might add to it :unsure:
I've only been streaming the Atmos mix thus far, but there's a lot of seperation between the side and rear speakers. For example, "My 16th Apology" has the acoustic guitars in the sides and keys in the rears. The tops are used inconsistently throughout - "Emotional Thing" seems to have nothing up there, but then there's a discrete synth in the front heights during the chorus of "I Don't Care".

...something to be - rob thomas / DualDisc DVD

I see Red people!!!
There's plenty in the rears, it's just drowned out by the massively pushed fronts 🤨☹️

*now why you gotta be that way? Mastered By – Bob Ludwig Engineer [DVD-Audio Director] – Spencer Chrislu

View attachment 84383
View attachment 84384
Too cool. First, i LOVE how you include visuals of what's going on in the channels. I'm not set up for it, but seeing you do it makes me want to replace my aging computer and start ripping my collection. Second, when you posted, i just finished listening to
1665266920581.png
King Crimson Red
I was hearing Red on the Blu-ray from the box set, which rates a 9.53 on our poll
thread!

1665275740219.jpeg

Spinning this for a second time. I can’t believe the first time I played this was on September 17th. After hearing the vinyl, which sounds very good, I give the nod to the 5.1 version.

I remember purchasing Animals, back in the day, and never liking it. Probably, being a teenager, I played it a few times and thought it was boring as hell but always liked Pigs (Three Different Ones). Well, after so many decades and being older and somewhat wiser, this album is fantastic!

Last edited:
Back