Listening to NOW.. Stereo FLAC download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone tried this release yet, I'm curious about the mastering?

Mark Knopfler

MK TSA 2009-2018 HiRes.JPG

Finally took a chance on a couple of HDTrack downloads, both ZZ Top: ZZ Top’s First Album and Rio Grande Mud at 192/24. Have always loved both albums and feel that along with Tres Hombres, they best represent the ZZ Top I grew up loving.

First Album sounds absolutely fantastic while Mud sounds good, but not as great and seems compressed in comparison. The former sounds big and thick with a nice low end and the latter sounds a bit harsh and thin and actually induced some dreaded ear fatigue.

Have been really enjoying this new Beach Boys Sail On Sailor 1972 download from HDTracks.
Part of me does not understand the flow and the why of the release, but the flow is enjoyable, lots of different doors to open and listen to.
I am listening in order of release.
R-25351141-1670020097-7859 (1).jpg

HDTracks were pushing this one, whats it like?
I just finished. Very relaxing, great stereo sound. Theme is WAR, as you would expect from Roger.
I loved the new Comfotabley Numb, I guess because it is so different than orginal.
Sound effects in beginning, work around throughout, does not have a long ending guitar solo, but a all solo woman vocal solo fading to end, she is asking "Hear Me".
Quite good.

Kick and Listen Like Thieves are my two favorites but my favorite song is The Stairs from X. I absolutely love that song, one problem, it is not long enough.

Agreed, another GREAT song, my top 5 band of all time will always include INXS. Though the other 4 top may change on my mood, but never INXS.

Strangely, Don't Change is also my favourite INXS song. I also got the US Festival live CD of Shabooh Shoobah recently; seemed OK (only had one listen so far). Strangely, I'm not sure I have a favourite album... there's a lot of quality there. Only because I took a photo the other week; an antiquated technology photo from home attached. I haven't been fussed by anything post Hutchence.

Attachments

• 20221219_072428.jpg
    20221219_072428.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Back