Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've used it with Tidal. Experience was kind of poor. There were a few things that I only found on Apple that I wanted to try out. Oh well.

The AppleTV 4K is $120 at Best Buy right now, so for the price of one overpriced box set with a a surround Blu-ray you can scratch that itch. With extended holiday return periods it would be easy to sign up for a free trial then return the thing and cancel if you weren't satisfied.

The AppleTV 4K is $120 at Best Buy right now, so for the price of one overpriced box set with a a surround Blu-ray you can scratch that itch. With extended holiday return periods it would be easy to sign up for a free trial then return the thing and cancel if you weren't satisfied.

you also get 6 months of apple music for free

Thanks :). Hard to justify buying another box, given I already splurged on the pricey SHIELD PRO (not to mention two new speakers for Atmos). I'll just stick to Tidal and Blu-Rays. Looking forward to seeing what else SW is planning in Atmos. Remember reading somewhere that he had about 7 releases planned for the near future (one of which I'm assuming was KISS' Destroyer).

The thread title mentions Tidal and Apple, but...
has anybody tried Amazon Music Unlimited yet?
It's supposed to offer Atmos too.

I think you need an Amazon Echo, for playback
Shame on them; The richest Corporation in the world
Unacceptable
I have 3,000+ songs in my Amazon Music
There are so good Atmos selections; Stones, etc.
C'mon, Jeff Bezos; show us some Atmos love!

Some light action in the rears, and occasional center channel happenings, but I think she's cool regardless (on ATV4K)

DUA LIPA.jpg

I might give it a try Mike; but haven’t bought any of his music since Live Rust; how’s the mix?

whenever I hear him sing, sounds like I’m experiencing an off key centenarian Leonard Cohen being choked.
Well, Pups you're be pleased to know that his voice is as crisp, lucid and clear as it always was... :D
There is certainly a mix going on...plenty from the sides and rears, not a huge amount from the heights.
For an old stager, it's not too bad at all.
He gets his lips round the old organ....mouth that is...:D
This Dolby Atmos is spreading its wings wider and wider, in the music community....Who's Next? :unsure::)

Well, Pups you're be pleased to know that his voice is as crisp, lucid and clear as it always was... :D
There is certainly a mix going on...plenty from the sides and rears, not a huge amount from the heights.
For an old stager, it's not too bad at all.
He gets his lips round the old organ....mouth that is...:D
This Dolby Atmos is spreading its wings wider and wider, in the music community....Who's Next? :unsure::)
The Who? ;)

The top news for today is...

https://music.apple.com/gb/album/cahoots/1452511179?ls
More songs released from The Band

Wonderful mix

Waiting for the price to come down...

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-band-cahoots-50th-anniversary/
As I wrote in another thread, the 50th has the original album PLUS 4 bonus tracks in Atmos. The other one only has the original album with no bonus tracks.

Frankly I wish they’d stop doing this with big deluxe editions also containing stereo tracks and just give us an option to hear all of the available Atmos tracks and only the Atmos tracks. I’m not opposed to the stereo bonus tracks, but they are generally significantly louder than atmos tracks. That unexpected transition can make for quite an unpleasant listening experience.

Either that or make the stereo and atmos tracks a bit have more compatible avg volumes. But please, no compression to accomplish it.

Last edited:
As I wrote in another thread, the 50th has the original album PLUS 4 bonus tracks in Atmos. The other one only has the original album with no bonus tracks.

Frankly I wish they’d stop doing this and just give us an option to hear all of the available Atmos tracks and only the Atmos tracks. I’m not opposes to the stereo bonus tracks, but they are generally significantly louder than atmos tracks. That unexpected transition can make for an unpleasant listening experience.

Either that or make the stereo and atmos tracks a bit have more compatible avg volumes. But please, no compression to accomplish it.

thank you for the reminder!
i meant to try Sound Check in Apple Music and see if it helped get around that very issue and i totally forgot to do it! 👍

Back