Listening to this surround UPMIX

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It's time! Please play by the rules of Jon's wishes. This thread is dedicated to all the amazing upmix artists. Post what you're listening to! Give credit if you wish.
No links, no shenanigans.

I provided a good vinyl rip, and Pup did a Penteo upmix. How cool!!

1583108758701.png

It's time! Please play by the rules of Jon's wishes. This thread is dedicated to all the amazing upmix artists. Post what you're listening to! Give credit if you wish.
No links, no shenanigans.

I provided a good vinyl rip, and Pup did a Penteo upmix. How cool!!

View attachment 46914

Can't get excited about Styx (but glad you can, @GOS )--but I like this thread!

And, the fake quad thread likely includes AVR type stuff. Like DPL II and all that. This thread is for upmixes. Penteo, stems, surround master, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard. Still...the Fosgate can do on-the-fly hardware "upmixing" similar to the SM, no?

If we can post real mixes from stems and multis I have plenty. I mean of legal, with permission of artist such as from The 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library

Posting mixes of music that is still in print might not be allowed? We do not want any issues.

As Jon reminded us recently (in another thread):

You can talk all you like about upmixes, you just can't post links to them or ask where to get them in the open forum. What you do in PM's (Conversations) is up to you and open to anything as they are private.

If we can post real mixes from stems and multis I have plenty. I mean of legal, with permission of artist such as from The 'Mixing Secrets' Free Multitrack Download Library

Posting mixes of music that is still in print might not be allowed? We do not want any issues.

If it's legal and with permission than it should be OK. But how will we know if it's REALLY legal and with permission? Hmmm.

The real "artists" here for me are the ones that make great clean sounding digital transfers/conversions of analog sources. As far as Up-mixes from Penteo and others etc.; it's just a matter of "Setting the Controls for the Heart Of the Sun" and let it fly; no real artistic achievement there IMO. All I know is, it's a whole lot of fun when it works!

FM-MTM.jpg

Been working with this one in Penteo from the HDTracks 24/96 flac files. This is a good example why I don't always like to do batch up-mixing. Each song seems to react differently to the processing, and then additional work is required in a DAW afterward for balance etc. But it does upmix extremely well. Looking forward to the day this one is done; especially the Christine McVie tune "Why" which is a real stunner IMO.

Back