Listening to this surround UPMIX, up-remix, or remix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bridge of Sighs MFSL CD

RT-BOFS.jpg

I don't regret buying Esoteric's Olias of Sunhillow reissue earlier this year--it's a nice package--but I prefer Eye of Horus's upmix to Ben Wiseman's. (And I prefer the mastering of the CD that EoH worked from to Wiseman's remaster, too. Maybe it's just that the tapes were twenty years younger.) More depth, more separation, brighter sonics.

View attachment 73549
For the first time I just listened to this exceptional piece of solo work from Jon Anderson in 5.1 surround upmix, which has become my favorite Yes solo work to date. To me when it first came out, it seemed odd and obscure, but I've come to love the intricacy and complexity in the original recording and mastering, and am now grateful to have any surround version of it. I agree that a true 5.1 mix from the original masters would be so much better, but I've read elsewhere the original multitracks are lost or unavailable, so for now I am grateful for the opportunity to listen to a clean and modern version of this classic work!!! Now I just want to see my second favorite Yes solo work in 5.1 (also somewhat obscure and often overlooked), Rick Wakeman's "No Earthly Connection". Has anyone ever seen a Surround Mix of this album?

I listened to the new Rosalia album upmixed to quad with my Oppo and it sounded great! Highly recommend.

I just upmixed (with SpecWeb) Tina (Dico) Dickow's new album, Bitte Små Ryk. This new album, which is in Danish, sounded so good in stereo, I just new it would make a nice upmix. I wasn't disappointed. Even though I don't understand a word of it, it just sounds so good, I could listen to it all day.

To the author, such an amazing album to take on!!! To us newbies, you should teach your craft! I'm a 63 yr/old student! Would love to learn at the master!

Reactions: GOS
Trower's Bridge of Sighs is one of the best guitar albums ever made IMHO! A 5.1 upmix would be awesome and a well deserved makeover of such a classic! Looks, and I bet sounds great!!
Was done for sure, back in the day. I’ll have to check the archive to see who did it.

I was just listening to that and another Trower album on tidal. Might make my up-remix in atmos to-do list.

Can’t help but point out that a 5.1 version can be drag and drop a file easy, however.

Was done for sure, back in the day. I’ll have to check the archive to see who did it.

I was just listening to that and another Trower album on tidal. Might make my up-remix in atmos to-do list.

Can’t help but point out that a 5.1 version can be drag and drop a file easy, however.
If you would tackle Sighs and do your awesome atmos up remix....... :)

Bridge Of Sighs has been one of my favourite albums since it was released, no matter what, I can put it on and it has me back being 17 again!

I wish there was a program that works for Mac's that I could just drop and drag the stereo file and come up with a 5.1 version. It's not that simple I've unfortunately found with MacOS

I wish there was a program that works for Mac's that I could just drop and drag the stereo file and come up with a 5.1 version. It's not that simple I've unfortunately found with MacOS
If you can run Parallels or Virtual box or boot camp, or some way to run windows on your mac, then you could.

Back