Listening to this surround UPMIX

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
romantic-warrior.jpg

91+2eLdvQ7L._SL1500_.jpg

One of my favourite albums of all time, and for me a summer album - my mom used to play it a lot when it came out and we were living practically on the beach at the time, it always takes me back to the feeling of lying on the sand, warm wind and scent of the ocean, heaven. Wish it was a real surround mix, but in lieu of that, this upmix is quite satisfying. :cool:

Been listening to and really diggin’ Holland123’s upmix Of Jimi’s First Rays Of The New Rising Sun. All I can say is - WOW! Simply amazingly discrete. Hires fidelity aside, I honestly feel that what he achieves with this tremendous upmix trumps Kramer’s true 5.1 surround mix of Electric Ladyland. Blasphemous, I know, but that’s how this Hendrix acolyte feels, dammit!

Nuthin' Fancy Upmix 4.1 Penteo. 24/88.2 From the the AP SACD.
It is so nice to listen to an album that you know every detail and then hear it in surround, just makes this hobby so much fun. I have been only listening to the radio this week in the car, makes me really appreciate my home rig when after a brutal week I can have a Bud and Jack, sit and relax, listening to good tunes, just exactly like the old day's.
814PsC2+psL._SX522_.jpg

Nuthin' Fancy Upmix 4.1 Penteo. 24/88.2 From the the AP SACD.
It is so nice to listen to an album that you know every detail and then hear it in surround, just makes this hobby so much fun. I have been only listening to the radio this week in the car, makes me really appreciate my home rig when after a brutal week I can have a Bud and Jack, sit and relax, listening to good tunes, just exactly like the old day's.
View attachment 51838
I can dig it, brotha!

Listening now to this Penteo 4.1 Upmix from the UK Vinyl, 1970, 24/96. Individual tracks are DR 11's and 12's, one 13 with an average DR12.
Question: I grew up on the manhole record cover. When I bought the Japanese SHM SACD in 2014 they had the lamp post cover. I don't know the story of the two covers. What did you grow up with?
41pvpMEuNPL.jpg
51U1jNbli+L.jpg

Back