Listening to this surround UPMIX

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porcupine Tree ‎– Signify
2011 double vinyl (Steven Wilson remaster)

"A distinct advancement in how well the foursome could completely rock out as well as find its own narcotic style of ambient exploration.
The often gripping instrumental pieces which are as much a band trademark as anything else appear throughout.
One of the strengths with Porcupine Tree's sounds is their use of dynamics. Sure, they are not the loudest band out there, however, their use of a mix of mellower passages make the intense sections even more powerful"

Side #4 contains three bonus tracks from:
Porcupine Tree ‎– The Delerium Years 1994-1997

714WpHwopyL._SL1200_.jpg
signify-mock-up.jpg

Porcupine Tree ‎– Signify
2011 double vinyl (Steven Wilson remaster)

"A distinct advancement in how well the foursome could completely rock out as well as find its own narcotic style of ambient exploration.
The often gripping instrumental pieces which are as much a band trademark as anything else appear throughout.
One of the strengths with Porcupine Tree's sounds is their use of dynamics. Sure, they are not the loudest band out there, however, their use of a mix of mellower passages make the intense sections even more powerful"

Side #4 contains three bonus tracks from:
Porcupine Tree ‎– The Delerium Years 1994-1997

View attachment 60067View attachment 60068
:unsure: those fuddy-duddy old Victorians were into some strange stuff, handcuffs not good enough? :ROFLMAO:

:unsure: those fuddy-duddy old Victorians were into some strange stuff, handcuffs not good enough? :ROFLMAO:
Strange is when they put the horse in restraints and lowered it to the bed.

The notorious “horse story” involving the Empress of Russia, Catherine II. Upon her death in 1796, word swept around Europe that she had been involved in a tryst with a stallion; the horse was supposedly being lowered onto her by servants using pulleys when the ropes snapped, crushing her to death

Don't believe that's on the upcoming title, different album-yeah?
What's wrong with me? I'm thinking about Year of the Cat, not Past, Present & Future. I should squint better at my phone before posting.

I do have both albums on LP. I might check out surface quality & give a listen tomorrow. Last night it was It's a Beautiful Day first album. This could turn out to be quite the groove.

What's wrong with me? I'm thinking about Year of the Cat, not Past, Present & Future. I should squint better at my phone before posting.

I do have both albums on LP. I might check out surface quality & give a listen tomorrow. Last night it was It's a Beautiful Day first album. This could turn out to be quite the groove.
Ohm, does that mean you got a TT currently up and running 😄 :unsure:

Might I suggest that a reference to a particular upmix be accompanied by some description of its worthiness or lack thereof? Like everyone else, I’ve heard some very good mixes that uncannily approximate a surround experience and some very bad ones. Merely posting the name of an album does no good.

Might I suggest that a reference to a particular upmix be accompanied by some description of its worthiness or lack thereof? Like everyone else, I’ve heard some very good mixes that uncannily approximate a surround experience and some very bad ones. Merely posting the name of an album does no good.
I will not post a bad or mediocre up-mix; these are all stellar. 😁 please have your ticket ready to show the Conductor before the next stop- “ALL ABOARD!”

Back