Listening to this surround UPMIX

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally getting this one lined up to how I like to hear it...
Kenny's guitar in the Rear Left and a little louder; Hawkins' sax in Rear Right and softer; and Flanagan's piano in the fronts... 😌

Montono Blues.jpg

It's time! Please play by the rules of Jon's wishes. This thread is dedicated to all the amazing upmix artists. Post what you're listening to! Give credit if you wish.
No links, no shenanigans.

I provided a good vinyl rip, and Pup did a Penteo upmix. How cool!!

View attachment 46914

I don’t have the hand-crafted Styx upmix mentioned above, but I’m listening to this in stereo lossless on Apple Music, my AVR handling the Dolby Surround upmix. Sounds almost discrete! Immersive and superior to the stereo original. Amazing!

I‘d love to hear other takes :)

man-child

*I can definitely hear where Prince was influenced by this period of Herbie's music, the beats, the horns, keyboards, the textures- fingerprints are all over it...

Speaking of Prince, got my Welcome 2 America box in yesterday to check out. :dance

"Steppin' In It" kind of sounds like a mash up of Chameleon on Head Hunters and Sanford And Son Theme from Lou Donaldson's Sassy Soul Strut.

and Bubbles is just a surroundy riot!

man-child for sure should have been a real Quad release 😖 (Atmos maybe :))

HH -MC.jpg

Just stumbled on this thread.

Will someone please explain to me how it is possible to separate out the instruments from a stereo mix to then create a surround sound remix?

Thanks in advance!

After hearing Steven Wilson and Tim Bowness talk about it yesterday on the latest episode of their Album Years podcast, I had to haul out Thom Yorke's The Eraser. (I agree with Wilson: this is EDM, humanized.) Upmixes really beautifully with the Dolby Surround Upmixer...

1633555513378.png

Last edited:
Back