Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

wavelength

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I think this album falls into the category of "coulda been, shoulda been." The songs are good - it's an enjoyable listen, tune-wise. Unfortunately the surround mix sucks. Nearly total ambience in the rears. For 99% of the time the surround experience does not happen.

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I must confess I don't listen to surround all that often, therefore my experience is somewhat limited.

Others here will be better able to differentiate a "good" surround mix from a "bad" one.
Are active surrounds preferable to a more ambient approach? I certainly don't know.
A matter of opinion maybe?.....and a subject for another place and time.

With that in mind all I can say is that I really enjoyed this one from a music, sound quality and surround standpoint.
That's why I asked Jon to add it to the poll.

I'm giving it a 7

carledwards

Musicially, it's enjoyable and a cut above mediocre, I'd say. Sonically, it's nothing special. But it's not bad. I agree with the other comments re: 5.1, however. Pretty slim use of the format.

ChristopherLees

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
when it first came out, this dvda was alot more expensive than any normal cd...
so to not get anything special for the extra money is dissapointing.

hafquark

300 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm more of a Lowell George-era fan of Little Feat, but "Kickin'..." boasts several great tunes and some fine, tight jamming.

Fidelity is also quite good in hi-res, but as others have commented not much here in the way of surround -- for the most part ambient echo in the rears.

Still, sounds really fine when cranked up. I say 4 for the surround and 9 for the music, 8 overall.