• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Lockdown Viewing Thread: Volume 1

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Lute

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I guess the whole state of Connecticut is just a giant bedroom for NYC, so for you there is no such thing as local news?

Out here in the rural states the local newspapers are almost dead, so there's still a need for local government, human interest, and weather & sports coverage. I don't think social media is going to fill that hole.
Good point!

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I did mention I was watching [finally] Netflix's UMBRELLA ACADEMY and will state the final three episodes of the 10 episode series was THRILLING. It has been renewed for a second season with the original cast intact

See the source image

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Might I recommend a hilarious movie by yours truly? Just came out on Amazon Prime last year. I'd love for you guys to check it out. I promise you'll laugh. And if you do, I'd really appreciate you leaving a review and passing the link on to friends. Amazon.com: Watch The Lonely Italian | Prime Video

Here's the trailer:

Thanks everyone! Stay safe!
Hilarious, Lee.....will definitely check it out!

I loved one of the reviews from an Amazon reviewer:

5.0 out of 5 starsLike Borat on a dating scene
Reviewed in the United States on September 27, 2017
Format: Prime VideoVerified Purchase
Hilarious. Like Borat on a dating scene.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Netflix: Money Heist.
A Spanish series from 2017. Awesome. I can't stop, watch 3-4 episodes a day. No subtitles, over dubbed English done well.
Netflix Money Heist
Ahhh , La Casa de Papel!!!...A young friend told me she had watched it and we realized she is not bilingual, and that's when we found out that they DUBBED it ...quite well, yes...And now the credits for the last season are in ENGLISH!!!
Now.. you want a REALLY GOOD series?? ..albeit in Spanish but with English subtitles?
try "El Ministerio del Tiempo"...it's sci fi but all done based on HIGH COMEDY ..VERRRRRY SUBTLE TOO!!!!

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Me and the wife are watching “Better Call Saul” on Netflix. A prequel to “Breaking Bad”. A must see if you like Breaking Bad.
Thanks for the reminder; the DVR has faithfully stacked up 7-8 new episodes for DADDEO (1st time 3rd person on QQ!?) to watch.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'm waiting to binge the entire season once all episodes have aired - how is it? I loved S1, but S2 felt like a drag at times...
:LOL: heck you don't want me to give anything away do ya???
I think each season has lost a little as it's gone on; but I love the tech side of Season 3, still more to come, so who knows!

I guess I am not one of the cool kids. What show is that?
Westworld HBO

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Thanks to you n the pupster. I am not cool I do not have HBO. I like Dolores.....
And you'd like Doroles even better if you had HBO, Wiz. Call them up and make a deal They're desperate for subscribers. BTW, do you have Amazon Prime?
I couldn't live without it!