Lockdown Viewing Thread: Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you'd like Doroles even better if you had HBO, Wiz. Call them up and make a deal They're desperate for subscribers. BTW, do you have Amazon Prime?
I couldn't live without it!
I had HBO Cinemax Showtime for decades. Dropped them years ago I could never be home at 7pm Saturday for the big shows. Me gots Netflix, Crunchy Roll & VUDU which I think is very under rated. No A Prime for me. Not even cable in the Bassment just ATSC OTA. Still so much stuff I spend half the evening deciding what to watch or listen to. You know, 1st world problems.
Edit: no cable but Netfilx VUDU via Oppo, Crunchy by HTPC. Regular TV network stuff by terrestrial antenna.

Last edited:
I had HBO Cinemax Showtime for decades. Dropped them years ago I could never be home at 7pm Saturday for the big shows. Me gots Netflix, Crunchy Roll & VUDU which I think is very under rated. No A Prime for me. Not even cable in the Bassment just ATSC OTA. Still so much stuff I spend half the evening deciding what to watch or listen to. You know, 1st world problems.
Edit: no cable but Netfilx VUDU via Oppo, Crunchy by HTPC. Regular TV network stuff by terrestrial antenna.

Frankly, you're better off, WIZ. Between the hundreds of BD~Vs and UHD4K discs I own and all those cable channels I sometimes find myself SO overwhelmed, I just go in my backyard and gaze up at the stars since with this lockdown, I can see those gorgeous stars/constellations clearly for the first time since chiildhood.

AH, Wilderness!✨

D86715CA-31C2-4471-B7AF-3725AF43AC07.jpeg

Pose (2018)

Lots of gorgeous stars here! 🤩 ✨

Thanks to you n the pupster. I am not cool I do not have HBO. I like Dolores.....
SW, I’d bet you’d love Westworld.
Did you ever see the original movie with Yul Brynner 🍿? - we’ll just say this show’s a smidge more engaging :ROFLMAO:
Speak of engaging; also just finished up watching “Bosch” on Amazon, another show that’ll keep me awake while watching-
Crate ‘n Barrel baby!

SW, I’d bet you’d love Westworld.
Did you ever see the original movie with Yul Brynner 🍿? - we’ll just say this show’s a smidge more engaging :ROFLMAO:
Speak of engaging; also just finished up watching “Bosch” on Amazon, another show that’ll keep me awake while watching-
Crate ‘n Barrel baby!
Yup, saw the original & it really captivated me back then. I've seen it a few times since. I have not seen a single episode of Games of Thrones haha & my son in law last name is Stark. Most of the really hot shows I've missed but I don't feel like I'm missing much. I have this underlying conviction that if something is that popular with the masses it can't be that good. Lowest common denominator stuff. There are exceptions, like Stanger Things or Kimmy Schmidt that have been both popular & innovative.

I am committed to watching & very much enjoying Kim's Convenience on Nutflex. Much more clever than than the trailer makes it out to be:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5912064/

Yup, saw the original & it really captivated me back then. I've seen it a few times since. I have not seen a single episode of Games of Thrones haha & my son in law last name is Stark. Most of the really hot shows I've missed but I don't feel like I'm missing much. I have this underlying conviction that if something is that popular with the masses it can't be that good. Lowest common denominator stuff. There are exceptions, like Stanger Things or Kimmy Schmidt that have been both popular & innovative.

I am committed to watching & very much enjoying Kim's Convenience on Nutflex. Much more clever than than the trailer makes it out to be:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5912064/
Let’s not get carried away here; Westworld is certainly no Game of Thorns ;)

Just saw an ad on TV today about NBCuniversal starting a new online network in JULY called Peacock.TV or something like that. They said it would be free to watch; but if they do some original programming later I'd bet that'll change soon, since CBS has their pay for view crap like Star Trek.
Too much piecemeal BS TV 🤬

Taking a cue from Quentin Tarantino's revisionist view of Hollywood [Once Upon a Time in Hollywood], Producer/Director/Writer Ryan Murphy [Glee, American Horror Story] has fashioned a delightful kaleidoscope of a Netflix series simply entitled HOLLYWOOD with a cast of very talented young actors and Broadway/Hollywood legends Patti LuPone, Rob Reiner, Dylan McDermott and lest we forget Jim Parsons [fresh off The Big Bang Theory]. A little soap opera~ish, at times, it covers the post World War II period in Hollywood where racism, closeted Homosexuality and actors treated as nothing more than herded cattle was rampant.

Now Streaming on NETFLIX [May 1st]

Darren Criss, Jeremy Pope, David Corenswet and Jake Picking in 'Hollywood'

Darren Criss, Jeremy Pope, David Corenswet and Jake Picking in 'Hollywood' Pumping MORE than just gas!

See the source image

Last edited:
Taking a cue from Quentin Tarantino's revisionist view of Hollywood [Once Upon a Time in Hollywood], Producer/Director/Writer Ryan Murphy [Glee, American Horror Story] has fashioned a delightful kaleidoscope of a Netflix series simply entitled HOLLYWOOD with a cast of very talented young actors and Broadway/Hollywood legends Patti LuPone, Rob Reiner, Dylan McDermott and lest we forget Jim Parsons [fresh off The Big Bang Theory]. A little soap opera~ish, at times, it covers the post World War II period in Hollywood where racism, closeted Homosexuality and actors treated as nothing more than herded cattle was rampant.

Now Streaming on NETFLIX [May 1st]

Darren Criss, Jeremy Pope, David Corenswet and Jake Picking in 'Hollywood''Hollywood'

Darren Criss, Jeremy Pope, David Corenswet and Jake Picking in 'Hollywood' Pumping MORE than just gas!

See the source image
Just watched the first episode. Excellent. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Back