HiRez Poll Loggins & Messina - FULL SAIL [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Loggins & Messina - FULL SAIL

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters
@riknik In the Abbey Road thread, you mentioned that the rear channels on the Full Sail SACD are reversed compared to the quad LP. But you also mentioned that the reversed rears didn't hurt anything. Are there any specific tracks that show how this reversal might be obvious?

The rears aren't swapped on my copy. It sounds like this could be yet another case of that odd bug on some older SACD players, where the rears are reversed when a 5.0 SACD is played back with the center turned off.

I haven't listened to the LP or SACD in a very long while. I will "circle back" on that. I'm using an Oppo 205 and the center channel is not turned off.

The rears aren't swapped on my copy. It sounds like this could be yet another case of that odd bug on some older SACD players, where the rears are reversed when a 5.0 SACD is played back with the center turned off.
AF issued their quad titles with 5.1 "on" but muted iirc? No?

Comparing it to what; the Q8 version or just what might be front to rear from an LP version?

Comparing it to what; the Q8 version or just what might be front to rear from an LP version?

The channel layout on the SQ LP matches the SACD for me. A couple quick examples to check rear channel assignment on this title would be the sax starting in the left rear speaker during "Travelin' Blues" and the acoustic guitar intro to "A Love Song" coming solely from the right rear speaker.

AF issued their quad titles with 5.1 "on" but muted iirc? No?

The AF titled are authored in 5.0 with a silent center and no LFE channel. As I said above, this layout has been known to cause a weird bug on some older players where the rears will become reversed if the center channel is turned off. See discussion here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...eck-your-channel-assignment.27184/post-449912

Oh wrat, you’re breaking my heart! Lol. Actually, I see that you gave it an 8 which is still a very good rating.
LOL like I said the mix and sonics are excellent BUT the songs are only ok , I mean after coming on the heels of the first two which are wonderful

Oh, I really Like "Watching the River Run" and about every song on it. Especially "Pathway to Glory" and "Sailin' The Wind." Just beautiful stuff.

I don't play this too often so I don't burn out on it. I listened to it a lot when I was 14 - 15 years old. So the quad remains a special treat for me.

Back