Logitech Z906 for surround music

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgf1973

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hi:

I installed my old SONY BDP-S790 in the attic where I have the computer. I do not have much space and to enjoy my collection of multichannel music (SACD, DVD-A, BD, etc) here too I had thought of buying this set of speakers. I read that people are very happy with them but I do not know how they behave when listening to music.

Has anyone tried them?

Thanks

Hi:

I installed my old SONY BDP-S790 in the attic where I have the computer. I do not have much space and to enjoy my collection of multichannel music (SACD, DVD-A, BD, etc) here too I had thought of buying this set of speakers. I read that people are very happy with them but I do not know how they behave when listening to music.

Has anyone tried them?

Thanks

Not yet.. but I might be purchasing this for a living room set up where the Mrs. demands a small footprint (few wires/low profile). The Z906 has been at the top of the list for it's price and my restrictions for this area.

I think for movies it will be fine, but because they are classified more as computer speakers, THX allows even more slop in their certification specs.

See page #13 for Z906 full specs
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D12WdAiyDoS.pdf

It is worth noting the Z906 has internal Dolby Digital and DTS decoders, but DVD-A or SACD would require using the Z906's analog mini input connections, so any SACD/DVD-A player would need to provide 5.1 analog outputs.

There are no HDMI inputs on the Z906, so the built in DTS and Dolby decoding are the legacy base lossy type only. Still works with bluray for serviceable discrete 5.1 as it will access the base DTS or Dolby streams (lossy) included in DTS-MA or Dolby TruHD bitstreams. But again for this set up, one would need a BD player with 5.1 analog outs to fully utilize the lossless qualities of the Dolby TruHD and DTS-MA formats.

Hope some of the above helps!

Back