Looking Forward to 2020.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the answer. It always puzzles me why some tapes survive and others don't even from relatively recent albums.
On the other hand I recall one of the Beatles Anthology cds had a surviving snippet of a recording that had been erased.

You don't see museums losing drawings or painting over canvasses....

We're almost done with 2/3rds of 2020.
We have one more third left of 2020, and things are REALLY heating up in both September & October!
So many major releases are already on the books for the rest of the year, but I thought I would compile together a list of other potential releases that could still make it out before the end of the year (in alphabetical order):

-Alan Parsons Project "Turn of a Friendly Card" (40th Anniversary Blu-Ray & Box Set from Esoteric & Cherry Red Recordings)
-The Band "Stage Fright" (50th Anniversary Box Set with Blu-Ray from Capitol/UMe)
-BeBop Deluxe "Drastic Plastic" (Box Set with DTS 5.1 DVD from Esoteric & Cherry Red Recordings)
-Jethro Tull "Benefit" (50th anniversary repackaged book edition from Chrysalis & Parlophone)
-Marillion "Fugazi" (4CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition from Parlophone)
-Pink Floyd "Animals" (Probably not likely given the last bitch-fest between Roger & David, but you never know...)

Plus maybe also a smaller and more affordable CD/Blu-Ray set of "Gentle Giant" (their self-titled debut album from 1970) released outside of the ultra expensive "Unburied Treasure" box set.

And of course, no one knows yet if we will get another 5.1 release this year from XTC as part of the ongoing "Surround Sound Series" collection.

Finally, in the "it really should happen this year (or never)" category, an expansive 50th anniversary box set of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass", remixed (of course) in 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos. We can dream can't we?!

:)

We have one more third left of 2020, and things are REALLY heating up in both September & October!
So many major releases are already on the books for the rest of the year, but I thought I would compile together a list of other potential releases that could still make it out before the end of the year (in alphabetical order):

-Alan Parsons Project "Turn of a Friendly Card" (40th Anniversary Blu-Ray & Box Set from Esoteric & Cherry Red Recordings)
-The Band "Stage Fright" (50th Anniversary Box Set with Blu-Ray from Capitol/UMe)
-BeBop Deluxe "Drastic Plastic" (Box Set with DTS 5.1 DVD from Esoteric & Cherry Red Recordings)
-Jethro Tull "Benefit" (50th anniversary repackaged book edition from Chrysalis & Parlophone)
-Pink Floyd "Animals" (Probably not likely given the last bitch-fest between Roger & David, but you never know...)

Plus maybe also a smaller and more affordable CD/Blu-Ray set of "Gentle Giant" (their self-titled debut album from 1970) released outside of the ultra expensive "Unburied Treasure" box set.

And of course, no one knows yet if we will get another 5.1 release this year from XTC as part of the ongoing "Surround Sound Series" collection.

Finally, in the "it really should happen this year (or never)" category, an expansive 50th anniversary box set of George Harrison's "All Things Must Pass", remixed (of course) in 5.1 surround and Dolby Atmos. We can dream can't we?!

Let's not forget about our friends in Watford Hertfordshire England that could surprise us also 😄

Let's not forget about our friends in Watford Hertfordshire England that could surprise us also 😄

top_men_indiana_jones.gif

Shouldn’t we be hearing pre-order news on the next Marillion deluxe edition as well as Be Bop Deluxe’s Drastic Plastic, Alan Parsons Project and Gentle Giant? Even though I am enjoying DB’s Quadio, Santana SACD, Fish Weltschmerz, Ray Thomas’ Words & Music and looking forward to Abraxas & Hackett’s blu ray, I would not mind having something to look forward to coming out in December or January. It’s nice having a few in the pre-order docket while enjoying recent releases

Well if history is any indication, I don't think we can expect any more announcements for any more major releases in 2020.
The one exception would be a last minute deluge of Quadraphonic SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (since they play things close to the chest until the discs are ready to ship)

I think most of these titles I have listed above will be released sometime in 2021, and I will begin work on a "Looking forward to 2021" thread at some point very soon.

Well if history is any indication, I don't think we can expect any more announcements for any more major releases in 2020.
The one exception would be a last minute deluge of Quadraphonic SACDs from Dutton Vocalion (since they play things close to the chest until the discs are ready to ship)

I think most of these titles I have listed above will be released sometime in 2021, and I will begin work on a "Looking forward to 2021" thread at some point very soon.

You never know. Remember when Electric Ladyland dropped out of the sky?

You never know. Remember when Electric Ladyland dropped out of the sky?

Yeah, but that was announced in September and released in November.
If ANYTHING major was going to be announced for release this year, it would have already happened by now, as most major releases get announced with 6-8 weeks to go before release date.

I think with the exception of some Dutton Vocalion SACDs, anything else in the works will be released next year.

Yeah, but that was announced in September and released in November.
If ANYTHING major was going to be announced for release this year, it would have already happened by now, as most major releases get announced with 6-8 weeks to go before release date.

I think with the exception of some Dutton Vocalion SACDs, anything else in the works will be released next year.
All good points. I agree.

Back