Looking forward to 2023!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought we'd hear something on this project in 2022; any news known about it for perhaps 2023?

John Lennon / Yoko Ono - Sometime in New York City - Ultimate Mixes

Might also get something out of Dweezil's new Atmos studio; question is, will it be 'live' material only.

Thought we'd hear something on this project in 2022; any news known about it for perhaps 2023?

John Lennon / Yoko Ono - Sometime in New York City - Ultimate Mixes

Might also get something out of Dweezil's new Atmos studio; question is, will it be 'live' material only.
Iā€™m not sure if that Lennon set has just been postponed or cancelled altogether.
Itā€™s not the best album and it does have THAT song which kicks off the album, which is letā€™s face it not very PC in todayā€™s worldā€¦ šŸ˜³
How about a 50th anniversary box set of ā€œMind Gamesā€ instead? Better music and less controversy! šŸ˜Ž

Stephen W Tayler. Keep pushing dude. Love your art. Go gettum in 2023
Bless you!! These are releases happening in the near future - but there are already another three quite big projects in the bag for release in 2023 and just beginning another one - such great times!! SWTx (the Rupert Hine set is only a stereo remaster - but the others are all surround.......)

Upcoming Releases.jpg

All I know is if the availability of immersive releases in 2023 continues at the rate we experienced in 2022, it will be one hell of a year for multich high fidelity music lovers. It's been a completely unexpected beginning of this decade.
I've been totally thrilled!
:51QQ

Bless you!! These are releases happening in the near future - but there are already another three quite big projects in the bag for release in 2023 and just beginning another one - such great times!! SWTx (the Rupert Hine set is only a stereo remaster - but the others are all surround.......)

View attachment 85707
Oh my, Rupert Hine!

I would have really liked to remix these albums in surround, but sadly the multitrack tapes were lost. Very special projects for our development as a production team creating new techniques and ideas - and completely insane too!!! SWTx
Thank you so much for helping to create those albums. I will cling to the fantasy that perhaps the software will evolve to the point where itā€™s worth doing an extraction mix.

I would have really liked to remix these albums in surround, but sadly the multitrack tapes were lost. Very special projects for our development as a production team creating new techniques and ideas - and completely insane too!!! SWTx

In the early days of MTV the video for "Surface Tension" got a lot of airplay. Very cool song. Hopefully the multi-tracks turn up someday.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for helping to create those albums. I will cling to the fantasy that perhaps the software will evolve to the point where itā€™s worth doing an extraction mix.
Thank you! and the tools are already out there to do what you suggest and I am using them - but to do that with the Rupert albums might be a bit complicated due to licensing and his estate.....

Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s The Pineapple Thiefā€™s first six studio albums remixed in 5.1 & Dolby Atmos :)

Also, as of this past July Bruce Soord was working on a new solo album.

Check out the recent interview with Bruce Soord on That's My Vinyl Answer podcast! The S/N ratio of the podcast isn't great but if I heard it correctly, it sounded like 7 discs...the first five albums plus the bonus discs that were included with the original UK versions. Also, late in the interview, Bruce describes it as "box set volume 1", so I am hopeful that there would be more to follow.

BTW, it is a remarkably personal and at times poignant interview, and is very informative regarding Bruce's current (and past) projects. A must listen for any TPT fan.

From Bob Dylan's website and mentioned elsewhere on this forum:

Disc One of Bob Dylan ā€“ Fragments ā€“ Time Out of Mind Sessions (1996-1997): The Bootleg Series Vol.17 premieres 2022 mixes, by Michael H. Brauer at Brauer Sound Studios, of the eleven original recordings on Time Out of Mind. In his liner notes for the set, Steven Hyden writes, ā€œThe album itself has been remixed to sound more like how the songs came across when the musicians originally played them in the room, without the effects and processing that Lanois applied later. Itā€™s not meant to replace the Time Out of Mind that won all of those Grammys a quarter-century ago; itā€™s a reimagining, an alternate view of a great work of art. If the original album remains mythic and enigmatic, this Time Out of Mind puts you in close proximity to the players.ā€
The Time Out of Mind (2022 Remix) disc will be available in immersive audio, a first for a Bob Dylan recording.

As there is no blu-ray contained within the box set, I guess we can assume that the surround mix will show up on streaming services when the box is released on January 27th.

Back