Dual Disc Los Lonely Boys Dual Disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timw

Since 2002/2003
I already have this on CD but picked up the DDisc thinking this music has the potential to make for a really good 5.1 surround experience....WRONG!
They blew a good opportunity here. I've only heard a few songs but it seems all they did was mix a bit of echo into the rears!!!
What a step backwards this format seems to be!!!! (n)
Tim

timw said:
I already have this on CD but picked up the DDisc thinking this music has the potential to make for a really good 5.1 surround experience....WRONG!
They blew a good opportunity here. I've only heard a few songs but it seems all they did was mix a bit of echo into the rears!!!
What a step backwards this format seems to be!!!! (n)
Tim
Thanks for the info. Guess i'll pass.

Their live DVD is no better! Sounds like mono with applause in the back....everything seems to come from the center channel. Horrible sound, and the performance seems like a big promo for the cd. I swear the applause is canned in some spots....really fake sounding. The audience seems WAY too enthusiastic for a group hardly anyone knows. Not a good one.

I see on Amazon that they are releasing another DVD on 12/6 "Live at the Fillmore-2005". Let's hope they get it right this time!

timw said:
I see on Amazon that they are releasing another DVD on 12/6 "Live at the Fillmore-2005". Let's hope they get it right this time!
Hopefully this will be a "legitimate" concert. The one I saw looked too made for TV.

This disc represents the bottom of the barrel, surround-sound-wise. Not only is there the barest suggestion of ambience-only in the rears, but there's hardly any stereo separation in the fronts either! I detected a hint of bass from the sub, so I'll be very, very generous and call this a 1.1 mix.

No, wait. Make that a 1.001.

Who were they trying to please here? Did they actually think anyone who bought the DualDisc with the promise of a surround mix would be in any way satisfied with it?

As someone else has said on this site, an industry this stupid doesn't deserve to survive.

You guys were missing the point on this one. If you only focus on what's going on in the rear channels, (OK, there is nothing there) you miss the bigger picture, which is that this disc sounds great.

Back