Lost the Plot, Getting It Back

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All's well - Happy Father's Day to all my fellow fathers out there today, even those who merely had fathers are wished well today as well.

In honor of my friend Billy's consistent reminders for the solstice twice every year (for years!) I have just uploaded one of his songs we used to play back in the day. Don't be afraid to turn it up dads: High Flyin' [tape 15]
Just listened to your tune & very much liked it! Good hooks, nice rhythm & nice wide seperation.

Do others on QQ know about your other musical postings?:

I will have to check out later when I'm on the good set up.

All's well - Happy Father's Day to all my fellow fathers out there today, even those who merely had fathers are wished well today as well.

In honor of my friend Billy's consistent reminders for the solstice twice every year (for years!) I have just uploaded one of his songs we used to play back in the day. Don't be afraid to turn it up dads: High Flyin' [tape 15]
Also thought it sounded great Tim, so is that your friend Billy on guitar and you on Bass? Sounds like some Steve Morse influence in this song?

Just listened to your tune & very much liked it! Good hooks, nice rhythm & nice wide seperation.

Do others on QQ know about your other musical postings?:

I will have to check out later when I'm on the good set up.

Kind of -Thanks. I put a link in my signature but haven’t mentioned it much. Still archiving and going through all the digitized versions to decide which ones to add to compilations over the next year or two. Keep in mind that 98% of what I have is live to two track like this one.

Last edited:
Since some QQ members have told me they worry when they see a new post under this thread, I'm going to provide one last update and close this thread. I'm planning on a new one that's going to be very positive.

Three years ago this month I was getting 20 days of photon radiation. Proton was just emerging (also not covered by insurance companies because it was new) and it would do less damage to adjoining tissue because the beam can be stopped precisely instead of continuing through the body. I don't know the extent of the damage it did to the prostate but I appear to largely functional with some a daily Flomax pill to help the flow. The last hormone shot was 14 months ago and I've been allowed to revert to normal. I'm not sure how long this is going to take or how much "normal" I'll achieve. I'll stop short of TMI and just say that it's a 'non-linear' process. "And so it goes". (Kurt Vonnegut quote)

I debated whether to post this or not. My oldest brother passed away in October in a nursing home out of state. As a chain smoker for 50 years, he was already on oxygen with COPD, so when COVID-19 entered the picture, I knew it was just a matter of time. My three siblings (now two) are all 9-16 years older than me; let's just say I have led a different life. My sister was the closest to him always, despite his hostility to me and the other brother. She received his ashes a few weeks ago and still not clear where they will go.

Okay, that's it. Thank you for reading this thread, I'm closing it to new comments. The new chapter will commence shortly, it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back