HiRez Poll Love and Rockets - SEVENTH DREAM OF TEENAGE HEAVEN [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Love and Rockets - SEVENTH DREAM OF TEENAGE HEAVEN

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Listened to this again today at extreme volume. I'm sure my neighbors appreciated it. So good. Can't find any real faults in this mix. So beautiful, so satisfying to listen to. Seriously hope Mr. Wilkes gets to mix some other Beggars Banquet properties. If you don't have this, buy it immediately.

Neil, holler at me if you need any help with the next mixes. Will be glad to lend my ears and production experience.

Finally got this and had a chance to listen to it. Always loved the LP and was pleasantly surprised that the treble wasn't too present. But it does lack bass, or maybe it's my amp. But almost noting in the LFE channel. I switched from PCM 5.1 to dts and noticed there was something there after all, but had to boost bass on the amp to get some on the fronts and it sounded a lot better.
Will have to give it another go for sure. Too much going on from mix to sound to songwriting and performance. Deserves many listens!
Again... "Earth, Sun, Moon" for the next one!

Wow, I love this!

‘Throw the World off your shoulders tonight Mr . Smith’...

Well with that sound advice I’m going to crack open a beer and give my review! :cool:

It’s really really good! The mix is involving and just spot on for the music... Hadn’t heard the album before I spotted it on QQ but I really dig the sort of 80’s moody style if that makes sense?

I actually decided to look into it and ordered my copy from the record company directly. It arrived next day first post and was a pound cheaper then Amazon. Just in the slight hope they might notice and maybe do some more mch albums? The Cult, Vampire Weekend, Future Islands?! Wow...

Cheers Neil Wilkes for a great mix...

Wow, I love this!

‘Throw the World off your shoulders tonight Mr . Smith’...

Well with that sound advice I’m going to crack open a beer and give my review! :cool:

It’s really really good! The mix is involving and just spot on for the music... Hadn’t heard the album before I spotted it on QQ but I really dig the sort of 80’s moody style if that makes sense?

I actually decided to look into it and ordered my copy from the record company directly. It arrived next day first post and was a pound cheaper then Amazon. Just in the slight hope they might notice and maybe do some more mch albums? The Cult, Vampire Weekend, Future Islands?! Wow...

Cheers Neil Wilkes for a great mix...

We share the same sentiments, Master Smithers. Never heard of this album before. A very nice surprise! I voted a 9!

Only ordered because of the Wilkes stamp of quality. Not an album I had ever come across before buying. But keep enjoying when I have the time to just the collection. All in boxes for the next month while my study gets some bespoke shelving so I don't have piles of random CDs and blu rays all over the place

Had to turn this up to 11 tonight. Wife at work, empty house, scotch in my mouth... Still can't get over how good this mix is. Mr. Wilkes, you are the Elliot Scheiner of alternative music. The mix of Haunted When the Minutes Drag is nothing short of amazing. Tell those folks you need access to the rest of the catalogue.

I am on my second Pure Audio blu-ray disc of this title and both have been pure mono, all tracks, all formats! Anyone else had this problem?

This is playing it back through my Oppo or ripping it to my PC. In both cases, it is mono throughout.

I am on my second Pure Audio blu-ray disc of this title and both have been pure mono, all tracks, all formats! Anyone else had this problem?

This is playing it back through my Oppo or ripping it to my PC. In both cases, it is mono throughout.

That would seem distinctly unlikely.

That would seem distinctly unlikely.

Unlikely but true. The sound on all tracks is dead centre when played back through the Oppo using loudspeakers. When played back on a PC via JRiver MC and headphones, the sound is dead centre on all tracks. If you rip with DVD Audio Extractor, it only gives you the option of ripping mono tracks, whichever selection you choose.

Unlikely but true. The sound on all tracks is dead centre when played back through the Oppo using loudspeakers. When played back on a PC via JRiver MC and headphones, the sound is dead centre on all tracks. If you rip with DVD Audio Extractor, it only gives you the option of ripping mono tracks, whichever selection you choose.

Perhaps QQ member Neil Wilkes may have thoughts on this... he mixed and mastered it.

Last edited:

I am curious what a "mono" track looks like...is it the same track in all 6 channels, just a center channel, or the same track in the front left and right channels. Or just a 1.0 format.

Perhaps QQ member Neil Wilkes may have thought on this... he mixed and mastered it.

Haha. I don't think he had mono in mind mixing this or any other project he may have done.

I am curious what a "mono" track looks like...is it the same track in all 6 channels, just a center channel, or the same track in the front left and right channels. Or just a 1.0 format.

Yes, that's an interesting question. The trouble is, it's blu-ray so it's hard to analyse the audio on a PC, though I do have a fair bit of software available. If I play back on the Oppo, I get the same sound through all speakers so I suspect it is a 5.1 channel container but with identical tracks in all channels. However, if I rip with DVD Audio Extractor, it only extracts a single mono channel so I'm a bit puzzled by that - I don't understand why it won't give me 6 channels even if they're all the same. I'm hoping Neil will pop up here and offer some suggestions!

Back