Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live At Knebworth 1976

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this is the boys at their very best.

First question...What's the surround like?

Answer: Considering this is nearly 45 years ago and its live....not bad at all. Don't expect anything too much going on them rears but its no dud.

Second Question: Is it worth getting?....You damn right it is!! (y)

All other questions, see above. :D:cool:
I'm in, and glad to get your feedback, beerking!

Mine arrived at noon,,, and two hours later you know where I was found....

I thought it was awesome. Video was decent enough but the sound was great. I thought the surround treatment was much better than I expected. I've heard a lot worse from live concerts. I'd recommend to anyone that is even a casual fan of the band.

I tell you, more than once I got a tear in my eye. Fate was so unkind to them. You could see how much they were still loving what they were doing. They were so young and still hungry.

Is there a significant upgrade in sound in comparison to the older Knebworth footage featured in the Free Bird movie?
I dug the old "Freebird The Movie" DVD out and I'd have to say yes, very much so. Video quality is pretty much the same. I only compared one song "Workin' For MCA".

Yeah in a movie I saw while back two old farts (well my age or younger) were talking about the plane wreck back in the swamp. When some hunters/fisherman got there, people were scattered and still moaning in pain, allegedly. But with no chopper, no much luck doing anything for them I guess. Sad. I woulda loved to meet Ronnie, always heard he was a real character. I used to meets lots of bands on the Florida club circuit, but I never met them.

I love these old restored concerts. It’s great to get to see artist ‘back in the day’. Mines on order.

Like the other recent Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts on BDV I suspect the surround mix will have mostly crowd noise in rears.

With the others I’ve done my own remix by upmixing the FL and FR channels from the 5.1 to make a new Quad mix. Then mix the new Quad channels with the original C and LFE to get a better 5.1 mix and merge that back with the video.

I love these old restored concerts. It’s great to get to see artist ‘back in the day’. Mines on order.

Like the other recent Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts on BDV I suspect the surround mix will have mostly crowd noise in rears.

With the others I’ve done my own remix by upmixing the FL and FR channels from the 5.1 to make a new Quad mix. Then mix the new Quad channels with the original C and LFE to get a better 5.1 mix and merge that back with the video.
What did you use for the source?

Yeah in a movie I saw while back two old farts (well my age or younger) were talking about the plane wreck back in the swamp. When some hunters/fisherman got there, people were scattered and still moaning in pain, allegedly. But with no chopper, no much luck doing anything for them I guess. Sad. I woulda loved to meet Ronnie, always heard he was a real character. I used to meets lots of bands on the Florida club circuit, but I never met them.
I am pretty sure that is the movie that is on the disc.... "If I Leave Here Tomorrow". I think it originally aired on Showtime (or one of those premium channels). It was very well done.

Hope this is chaste enough for present company...I once spent a wonderful night with a lady I met in a night club, in my van "down by the river" listening to skynyrd as that's all she wanted to listen to.
Got stuck, dude inna 4 wheel drive stopped on the bridge and shouted down he'd be back with a chain, which he did, and the lady made it home on time around daylight. Sigh. What days.

Hope this is chaste enough for present company...I once spent a wonderful night with a lady I met in a night club, in my van "down by the river" listening to skynyrd as that's all she wanted to listen to.
Got stuck, dude inna 4 wheel drive stopped on the bridge and shouted down he'd be back with a chain, which he did, and the lady made it home on time around daylight. Sigh. What days.
Well I hope you got to do more than just listen to Skynyrd 🎉

Back