Lynyrd Skynyrd: Live At Knebworth 1976

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I've heard of it....because @Clint Eastwood used to always send me messages about upcoming shows I needed to watch. :)

No doubt. Along with the concerts, Top 10 Revealed, Big Interview with Dan Rather, Live From Daryl's House, Rock Legends, Year In Music, Classic Albums, and especially the unexpectedly great Brian Johnson Life On The Road are all found here. All in 1080 5.1 surround if your service handles it.

They finally now have a mobile app where you can check out snippets of what they offer.

Fantastic find Duncan.....and the Blu Ray version ordered, ta. (y)
Well I'm giving the CD/DVD to my one of my brothers as I've just bought the CD/BD, watching it just brought back great memories of being there at Knebworth in '76 (well those that weren't obscured by 'not being quite on the planet' for most of the day!!). I'd seen the documentary on TV some while ago, so the BD has that which I want plus the PCM stereo, so coughed up for it again!

Last edited:
Well I'm giving the CD/DVD to my one of my brothers as I've just bought the CD/BD, watching it just brought back great memories of being there at Knebworth in '76 (well those that weren't obscured by 'not being quite on the planet' for most of the day!!). I'd seen the documentary on TV some while ago, so the BD has that which I want plus the PCM stereo, so coughed up for it again!

Hey, sometimes "not being quite on the planet" results in some of the greatest memories you can ever have. They may not be accurate memories but they are great.;)

Hey, sometimes "not being quite on the planet" results in some of the greatest memories you can ever have. They may not be accurate memories but they are great.;)
At Knebworth in 1975 (year of Pink Floyd in Quad), some friends were apparently playing Chess and they got upset when one the girls in our group dropped a bottle on their game ........................... but they were the only ones who could see it!

Fuck yes, this is a GREAT show for Lynyrd Skynyrd. Watching/Listening now. Video is alright in Blu Ray, a little grainy and aspect ratio, not wide screen, audience shots classic and camera work perfect with band and solos, etc.
Star of this show is the DTS HD audio, very strong, powerful, great bass, immersive vs discrete, 50/50? Really good.
The Led Zep of the USA kicks the door down in England. The sad part is to look at that beautiful band and only one remains, that's a hard life man.

Having listened to the CD a while ago it was with trepidation that I dug into the blu ray today.
The crowd noise not only being wholly incorrect on the CD was also irritatingly dubbed in a strange points.
It's still there on the Blu Ray but much lower in the mix thankfully.

The Picture Quality is good for upscale video, thankfully not letter boxed. The edit is interesting at times, the long shots to stage seem to be on a rocking camera platform. Nice and honest there. Performances are very good though.
Blu ray is great better than the CD but still flawed by an inappropriate crowd sound.

I have a box set of Knebworth & Bath Blues Festival CD-R that were sold by Freddy Bannister's daughter, most of his recordings were from mics as the quality is poor, but a few sound like they were desk feeds. This one sounds like a combination, so maybe a desk feed and some crowd noise dubbed from mics on stage?

In the accompanying movie I got a kick out of Gary's interviews. He thought the road manager came and lifted a plane door off him after the plane crash. But hell, he was pretty busted up. Relating that while he was in the hospital he could see the faces of everyone on the plane that passed was a little chilling, if not hard to understand with the morphine I'm sure he was being given. Funny part was how his car crash on 'ludes led to a song, as he tells it deadpan "at least we got a song out of it".

Finally got it ! Today !

Surround mix a bit typical of Eagle Vision but there is something in the rears, not just ambience.

Excellent Concert performance by Skynyrd btw. :)

Attachments

• 20210507_151142.jpg
    20210507_151142.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 81
PQ- standard def; AQ- very good, but don't look for a discrete surround experience. Performance- A+. Direction/production- lacking. After a few quick glances early on, the keys are ignored. There's much more shown of the backup singers than the keyboards. More often than not they miss focusing on the instrument that is at the fore, not including the singer, who gets tons of exposure, as always. But one positive: the drummer gets more screen time than usual.

A killer performance with good sound makes this a good buy. And I still haven't hit the documentary yet, which from what I've read is very good; a real bonus, unlike some docs. Heartily recommended!

trying to order this is extremely frustrating. im looking for skynyrd knewbworth 5.1 on a NON blue ray dvd with the cd, amazon lists a 2 disc set YET desribes it as a cd. i called up amazon and the guy said its a 5.1 blue ray dvd with cd i told him well amazon ought to list it as such. I just emailed eagle rock entertainment the label and asked them can they sell me a 5.1 non blue ray dvd with the cd? it is hard to understand the way they are marketing all the different versions of this cause no websites include COMPLETE details... including eagle rock

trying to order this is extremely frustrating. im looking for skynyrd knewbworth 5.1 on a NON blue ray dvd with the cd, amazon lists a 2 disc set YET desribes it as a cd. i called up amazon and the guy said its a 5.1 blue ray dvd with cd i told him well amazon ought to list it as such. I just emailed eagle rock entertainment the label and asked them can they sell me a 5.1 non blue ray dvd with the cd? it is hard to understand the way they are marketing all the different versions of this cause no websites include COMPLETE details... including eagle rock
This is the one you want: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Live At Knebworth '76 [CD/DVD] - Amazon.com Music

Read description to confirm it is the DVD version.

Back