Mötley Crüe Sell Entire Catalog to BMG for Approximately $150 Million

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see how BMG could make their money back for that. I rarely hear their music played anywhere, it sounded dated by the end of the 80s

And the band says especially NIKKI…..oh goodie more $$$ for my JUNK HABBIT

Don’t get me wrong…I really do like them😁. Just sayin’

They have been trying to tour since covid started. I have tickets and it has been postponed twice. They are the headliner. I guess you don't listen to the same music stations I do, if you haven't heard them lately...

They have been trying to tour since covid started. I have tickets and it has been postponed twice. They are the headliner. I guess you don't listen to the same music stations I do, if you haven't heard them lately...
Back in the 80’s I used to hang out with them a bit…was a freelance photographer for the industry…. Music Industry that is😁

It should be interesting to see how/what BMG does with the music to make their investment pay off. Crue are definitely marketable, especially after The Dirt movie introduced a whole new generation to their music and legendary decadence.
I can't see surround mixes being in the cards but who knows, a lot of their albums are coming up on 40th anniversary dates so bloated box sets might be in the cards. A year ago I would not have bet a nickel that SW would be working on the Kiss Destroyer album but here we are.

I wonder how that works if they sell the catalog before they actually go on tour. What would BMG get from that?
I would think they should get a bump in sales of all MC albums (both physical and downloads) and reap a quick chunk of change (nothing that will negate the 150 million they just laid out but a decent rebate).

Back