Madonna WB Catalog Reissue Series

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just thinking how Holiday would sound great in surround. I mean they probably already can do it since there are numerous leaked multitracks of Madonna songs on the net from the remasters they did of her albums. So it's safe to say they have at least digitized those multitracks.

I was just thinking how Holiday would sound great in surround. I mean they probably already can do it since there are numerous leaked multitracks of Madonna songs on the net from the remasters they did of her albums. So it's safe to say they have at least digitized those multitracks.

Yep, there are high-quality multis out there for quite a few of her songs ("Holiday", "Borderline", "Like A Virgin", "Live To Tell", etc). Plus, the Q-Sound CD of The Immaculate Collection upmixes really well.

Wonder if those Madonna surround remixes were culled from The Madonna Greatest Hits DVD~A which was announced in the early 00's but never officially released? Two of Madonna's albums were slated for MLP DVD~A release by Warners but were later canceled!

Yep, there are high-quality multis out there for quite a few of her songs ("Holiday", "Borderline", "Like A Virgin", "Live To Tell", etc). Plus, the Q-Sound CD of The Immaculate Collection upmixes really well.
Hmmm…I have that Q-Sound disc. Maybe I will give it a whirl through the 7.1 setting on my Yamaha receiver…hadn’t thought of that 🙃

Wonder if those Madonna surround remixes were culled from The Madonna Greatest Hits DVD~A which was announced in the early 00's but never officially released? Two of Madonna's albums were slated for MLP DVD~A release by Warners but were later canceled!
The Madonna 5.1 remixes sound extremely "intimate" without the echo / reverb used on the official releases. It sounds like she showed up with a few musicians and they all started playing / singing the songs in your den. And yes, the Immaculate Collection does indeed upmix really well.

The Madonna 5.1 remixes sound extremely "intimate" without the echo / reverb used on the official releases. It sounds like she showed up with a few musicians and they all started playing / singing the songs in your den. And yes, the Immaculate Collection does indeed upmix really well.

Incredulous, that an artist as popular as Madonna at the time didn't receive those two MLP DVD~A 5.1 releases, as promised. Another reason the DVD~A 'Launch' of the early 00's failed to make a dent. Even artists like CSN&Y Deja Vu and Neil Young's After The Gold Rush were likewise slated for DVD~A 5.1 release and abruptly canceled, as well!

Makes one scratch their heads at the incompetence Warner decision makers exerted .... analagous to the failed Universal BD~A launch a few years later!

Last edited:
Surely (and hoping) that is doing something with Patrick Leonard again. He was in a project with instrumental versions of songs composed with Madonna, even share some demos of Like a Prayer era, and abruptly the silence.

Hmmm…I have that Q-Sound disc. Maybe I will give it a whirl through the 7.1 setting on my Yamaha receiver…hadn’t thought of that 🙃

Do you happen to have the 'origin' of that Q sound Immaculate Conception disc ..... was it manufactured in the U.S.? Some of the later ones were made in Germany and don't know if they retain the Q Sound.

Do you happen to have the 'origin' of that Q sound Immaculate Conception disc ..... was it manufactured in the U.S.? Some of the later ones were made in Germany and don't know if they retain the Q Sound.
This one was born in the good ole U. S. of A…

Attachments

• C22A04AC-9960-43EB-A167-C33A31C5B3F0.jpeg
    C22A04AC-9960-43EB-A167-C33A31C5B3F0.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 84
Back