Magenta announce new album Masters of Illusion including 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welsh proggers Magenta will release new album Masters Of Illusion in July including a surround version of the album on DVD.
See complete article and release trailer on Loudersound.com:
https://www.loudersound.com/news/magenta-release-trailer-video-for-new-album-masters-of-illusion
Magenta-MOI-Website-2.jpg

The last track feels like it's featuring Dennis DeYoung on keys and Steve Hackett and Steve Howe on guitars. The backing vocals bring a little 90125 coloring to the mix. Really nice.

I'm loving this album more and more.

I wish we could get 5.1 mixes for Christina's two solo albums.

I think this is their best release since Seven.
He has fully embraced Prog again and the whole album has many accolades to Pink Floyd and Genesis.
But this is Magenta's own music and imo Rob and his brother( lyricist) have created a fantastic album which shows this band's full potential, to create an amazing, listening experience.

I'm tempted to get this, but I wonder if Rob Reed is going to offer the lossless 5.1 flacs, as he did for their previous albums. I bought those after I had bought the lossy discs, and I'd like to avoid the double purchase again.

Back