DVD/DTS Poll Magenta - The Chameleon Project [DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please Rate Magenta's "The Chameleon Project" (Dolby 5.1 DVD)

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this release that comes with a Dolby 5.1 Audio DVD.(n)(y)

Attachments

• magenta2.jpg
    magenta2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 321
Im I the only one who has this?

It is a great album, and superb mix, the 8 is just for using Dolby. This one should be reissued in DVDA for sure! same as Seven...

From memory I prefer Seven to this one...but all three Magenta 5.1 discs are good...

I love all 3 of the 5.1 Magenta discs and think any prog fan would enjoy them. This one probably took the longest for me to warm up to, but I like it a lot. The mix and music are both great, but the DD leaves it sounding just a little weak. I'm never sure how to describe it, but the sound quality just doesn't seem as full or rich as a hi-res release. I know I have pretty old, worn out ears and have a real tough time trying to claim I can hear a lot of subtleties any more, but I do seem to notice a certain punch that fills the room with the music better on hi-res releases and these DD releases seem a little thin. But they are all very enjoyable releases and as a huge Yes fan, they remind me a lot of Yes and are one of my favorites to come along in a long time.

K

This one gets another nine for me, again only losing a point because of the lower fidelity of DD, but once again I make the point that Rob has managed to make it sound as good as DTS so don't be put off trying this because it's DD. The music and the 5.1 mix really are exceptional. Fully discrete with very tasteful use of the surround channels to position both instrumentation and effects in a way that's creative and really adds to the musical statements being made by the tracks. Superb stuff! I live in hope of Rob's Magenta material coming out in hi-res at some stage. Just give Kompendium a listen to get a feel for how good this would be!

BTW it's worth noting that this is still available in the Magenta shop http://www.magenta-web.com/ as the two disc Chameleon CD + Chameleon Project DVD.

I have a question about this DVD, is it NTSC or region free or PAL ? I have been wanting this for a long time, and found some on ebay, but when I try to ask a question I get this message (Unfortunately, due to the high volume of messages this seller receives, they are unable to respond to your specific question right now.) they are a big seller, they have over 650,000 feed backs, wow. Anyway if someone could let me know.
I have the other 3 Magenta surround disc's and love them.
By the way the one I am looking at comes from Germany, and a CD+DVD. It also has a different picture on the cover, it a dark cover with a girl on it with paint on her.
THANKS.

Just an update to my seach for this disc. I ordered it from ebay, and after 30 days, i emailed them that it hadn't arrived yet. They never even put it in yhe mail. Anyway, i got a refund and have been searching for it ever since at a resonable price. I will find a copy someday.

Back