DTS-CD Making DTS CD's from HiRez DVD-A's and SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say the 24 bit depth is confounding your encoder. Try converting that file to 16 bit 44.1kHz and see if it works.

Tried it again, converting the file to 16bit 44.1kHz, but still no go. I'll keep searching here and elsewhere to see if I'm doing this wrong.

Tried it again, converting the file to 16bit 44.1kHz, but still no go. I'll keep searching here and elsewhere to see if I'm doing this wrong.

Thanks again, George, and others who have replied to my questions. It takes a little longer adding AudioMuxer and SurCode to the process, but the results are great.

Titles I've burned successfully so far:

XTC Drums & Wires
XTC Black Sea
Toy Matinee
Bob Marley Legend

This will substantially increase the # of surround titles I can enjoy in the car, loving it!! The SACD 5.1 titles will be a problem, though, as I don't have the right Oppo player. I'm going to have to start looking for one.

They all sound great so far, though I'm particularly impressed with the sound quality of the Marley title. I can dial the volume of the surround speakers (headrest speakers) up or down, depending on how I think it sounds. I have some high frequency hearing loss, so I tend to give the rears a boost on some titles. The surround effect was so pronounced on the XTC titles, I had to turn them down a bit. The hi-hat mixed to SL and SR was starting to distract me from the rest of the song. :-D

I'm working on Bryan Adams Reckless BD right now. The bonus tracks are only in stereo, so I created a separate DTS WAV file with SurCode. MediaInfo reports it's a 6 channel DTS file, and it plays correctly in Foobar (the VU meter only shows L & R channels active for the bonus tracks, as expected). We'll see if it confuses the Caddy. I think it'll work as there ARE 6 channels in the file, it's just that 4 of the 6 are silent.

Back