making dts-CDs using the dts CAE-4 encoder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralf

Hello everybody!
Is anyone using Seiten aus dts-cae-4_encoder.jpgthis encoder in their projects? I'd like to share user expriences, especially with regard to the recording of the AES/EBU output.
My project is tranfering SQ records to dts-CD. Putting singnal only in the L, R, Lr, Rr channels, only, of course. The workflow is a classic needle drop with no computer involved.
I'm stuck where the recorder (hhb CDR-830 plus) is supposed to read the Red Book signal. The encoder is in sync, CD LED is active. The recorder says it sees a 44.1kHz signal. But the signal is blank. Even the headphone monitor output on the CAE-4 is silent. The manual makes no special mention of this situation. Perhaps someone has used this encoder in the past 20 years and has some advise?
(I did contact dts' parent to no avail.)
Cheers, R

Most (but not all) have moved up to recording in higher resolution like 24/48kHz or 24/96kHz. Then encoding to something with lossless codec. Making DTS CDs was very popular like 10 - 15 years ago, and maybe not so much anymore.

But welcome to the forum, there are lots of folks here transferring their LPs to various formats for quad playback.

Check out this forum "Workshop" for all conversion formats.

DTS CD, DVD-Audio & BluRay Creation Workshop

I have a similar device to output dts digital stream. My CD recorder's volume must be +/- 0, cannot make any adjustment to the incomming dts stream. If I do adjust the volume on cd recorder, then I get silence.

Dear Vinylguy4, this is perfectly clear to me, because the dts Stream uses he Red Book only as a "container". Obviously, the Pioneer(based) recorders' digital gain control mustn't be used.
Trust me, I don't. I still get no Pink Noise over the recorder's headphone output, which is what dts stream would sound like in analogue.
I'm so frustrated after spending all this money and integrating the components with so much love and care.
Is there really nobody out there who used the CAE4, still?
The original dts company is now owned by someone else and they don't understand crap. :(

Back