HiRez Poll Mana - SUENOS LIQUIDOS [DVD-AUDIO]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Mana - SUENOS LIQUIDOS

• 10: Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2002 DVD-Audio release from Warner Music Latina by Mana titled "Suenos Luquidos"
(n):phones(y)

Mana-400.jpg

There's an MC release of this? I never knew. Would love to hear thoughts. Excellent album.

Great tunes with lots of hooks, and first rate audio with a really active surround mix. Sharp, clear arrangements with plenty of "air" around the instruments. Hard to describe the music: Imagine a heavily pop-influenced Latino style, a sort of cross between Santana and the Police (all sung in Spanish.) I like this one a lot.

One of my favorite latin groups, I will try to find some time for listening-evaluating it. They've actually released two albums on DVD-A. The other one is "MTV Unplugged".

I really apologize for this threadcrap, but I just can't stand Maná....the guy's voice REALLY grates my nerves...I REALLY wish I liked it though, I know they have excellent production and I'm sure the DVD-A sounds great...
It's also that I know pros who have dealt with them and they have repeatedly told me that they all have their heads up their asses...especially the singer who has NEVER ever admitted sounding like Sting (or the Police), come on , vato!!!!

As I said, I wish I liked them...same goes for the Spanish group"La Oreja de Van Gogh"...ugh...those teeny tiny voices drive me up the wall!!!!

Now, I LOVE Julieta Venegas....and her "Limón y Sal" DVD-V Dullbee 5.1 is NOT that bad....

I really apologize for this threadcrap, but I just can't stand Maná....the guy's voice REALLY grates my nerves...I REALLY wish I liked it though, I know they have excellent production and I'm sure the DVD-A sounds great...
It's also that I know pros who have dealt with them and they have repeatedly told me that they all have their heads up their asses...especially the singer who has NEVER ever admitted sounding like Sting (or the Police), come on , vato!!!!

As I said, I wish I liked them...same goes for the Spanish group"La Oreja de Van Gogh"...ugh...those teeny tiny voices drive me up the wall!!!!

Now, I LOVE Julieta Venegas....and her "Limón y Sal" DVD-V Dullbee 5.1 is NOT that bad....

The DVD-A does sound great - excellent production.

Sort of a more "poppy" Ziroq....

After Kap's comments I was worried about the vocals... They didn't bother me...

funny, there are several albums by "La Oreja de Van Gogh"
on SACD listed at sa-cd.net that never ever appear for sale anywhere! :mad:@:

Back