Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the SACD of Manowar - WARRIORS OF THE WORLD

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this disc. (y):phones(n)

shogangray

With an over the top band like Manowar you might expect over the top surround sound coming from your speakers.
Unfortunately the sound is dull and the surround mix far from great. At least it's real surround and not just added reverb, hence 5 points.
Even so, I still listen to it occassionally and it still brings a smile to my face to think I have Manowar on sacd.
Considering I'm the only person to have voted in this poll since it opened 2 years ago, it would appear there aren't many of us about.

Last edited:

sjc

Thank you for the review... I was curious about this, but not so curious to pay $100 or so to have one shipped from Germany. ... steve c.

LizardKing

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
With an over the top band like Manowar you might expect over the top surround sound coming from your speakers.
Unfortunately the sound is dull and the surround mix far from great. At least it's real surround and not just added reverb, hence 5 points.
Even so, I still listen to it occassionally and it still brings a smile to my face to think I have Manowar on sacd.
Considering I'm the only person to have voted in this poll since it opened 2 years ago, it would appear there aren't many of us about.
The mix is better than a 5 for me...

This is a screen shot of the waveforms for the 2nd track... the sound may not be audiophile quality, but at least its not sufferring from "loudness"...

Attachments

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I'd love to hear/own/review it.. if I could find it for anywhere near approaching a realistic price!

JanBakker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I gave it a 9, music and mix are good and so is the sound quality, lyrics ehm not so good but if you like metal this disc sounds surprisingly good and is recommended.

Last edited:

vegas

Manowar one of my favorite bands and this is one of my most wanted and desired SACD.:ebay ...But it is almost impossible to find at an affordable price.:( Maybe someday I will be able to buy it, maybe...

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Manowar one of my favorite bands and this is one of my most wanted and desired SACD.:ebay ...But it is almost impossible to find at an affordable price.:( Maybe someday I will be able to buy it, maybe...
Damn, man! I checked like 8 sites! Maybe put up a WTB in QQ Swap Meet? Maybe somebody has it and doesn't like it and is willing not to gouge.

keenly

Banned
I ripped this SACD, worked on tracks in Audacity and created a DVD Audio. I have made it the best it can sounds, altering certain arts, raising bass, vocals when needed etc.

PM me.

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Damn, man! I checked like 8 sites! Maybe put up a WTB in QQ Swap Meet? Maybe somebody has it and doesn't like it and is willing not to gouge.
It's not super rare but it is uncommon imho.. I'd say maybe keep an eye out on Amazon Germany (I got my copy Feb '13 on Amazon.de for £41, just as a kinda guide I guess) also I notice lowest one sold on Discogs to date is £43, I think you'd have to get really lucky to find it much cheaper these days, a lot of dealers and collectors have cottoned on now but anything is possible, I'll keep an eye (and ear!) open for vegas.

vegas

Thank you djstephan for this info! I was trying to get this title for a very long time, maybe I'm lucky this time.(y)

skherbeck

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Listened to this about 3 times today, and I absolutely love it. Dramatic heavy metal written in the wake of 9-11 (aside from the covers), so in typical Manowar style, you're ready for battle (and feeling pretty darn patriotic) by the time the last note has played. The surround mix is excellent; very active and discrete use of the rears. The only issue I have with this disc is the serious lack of low end... metal should have house-shakin' bass and a kick that you feel in your chest. After my first listen, I went through each song making adjustments (I only do this if the music and mix is worthy & adjustments are needed)... the next 2 listens rocked quite sufficiently. Content = 3/3; Mix=2.5/3; Fidelity=1/3... so 6.5 (rounded to 7). (but after adjustments I'd go 8 or 9).