Marantz 4000 Quadradial preamp connections with 8 speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads toys

Just joined this site and looks like I have alot of reading to catch up on here.
I have been running vintage systems for the last 8 years. I have been very lucky in finding and repairing all types of vintage components.
I'm currently finished my marantz system rebuild and hoping to maybe get some pointers on the best way to use this preamp.
Using 2325 reciever, 4000 preamp, 5020 cassette deck, 6300 turntable and a pioneer 1020L reel to reel.
Just looking for someone who might have one of these preamps or has used one before. I dont have a SQA module but I do have a 4 channel reel to reel pioneer 1020L.
There doesn't seem to be many of these preamps around.
I'm currently using a 2325 with 2 sets of paradigm speakers. I also have 2 sets of vintage pioneer HMP 60s and 40s.
I'm currently have the preamp working with the preamp connections from the reciever but the level meters don't work unless the speaker wires are connected to the speaker connections on the reciever.
Just wondering what the best way would be to connect all 8 speakers.
Was thinking of putting the 2 sets of vintage speakers on the front and rear remote connections and the 2 sets of paradigm on the main front and rear connections. There seems to be many ways to connect just wondering what on is best and of course sound the best.

Cheers

Back