Marantz 4430 Unofficial Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventhorizon

I will be receiving this receiver (puns intended) shortly, and wanted a place to document my journey with it. I do wish to figure out a way to adapt a scope for it for the tuning/quad (like the 4400 uses, if possible). Can't wait to get it. I had the coveted Lafayette LR-4000 once upon a time, hoping this will be similar with the "Vari-Matrix" function taking 2-channels up to 4. No clue what/if any Quad decoders it has, we will see. Lots to come! Stay Tuned!

I will be receiving this receiver (puns intended) shortly, and wanted a place to document my journey with it. I do wish to figure out a way to adapt a scope for it for the tuning/quad (like the 4400 uses, if possible). Can't wait to get it. I had the coveted Lafayette LR-4000 once upon a time, hoping this will be similar with the "Vari-Matrix" function taking 2-channels up to 4. No clue what/if any Quad decoders it has, we will see. Lots to come! Stay Tuned!
Hey Mr. Horizon. Enjoyed your 3 posts over the last year.
If you want a receiver with a scope best would be to just get a Marantz 4400 as you mentioned. Otherwise there are Panasonic Q scopes for add on. Search Ebay etc. I don't know about the LR-4000 I'm sure others can chime in. But I've certainly heard Marantz Vari-Matrix & my opinion & I think others here have said it is close to useless. So many better options today.

Hey Mr. Horizon. Enjoyed your 3 posts over the last year.
If you want a receiver with a scope best would be to just get a Marantz 4400 as you mentioned. Otherwise there are Panasonic Q scopes for add on. Search Ebay etc. I don't know about the LR-4000 I'm sure others can chime in. But I've certainly heard Marantz Vari-Matrix & my opinion & I think others here have said it is close to useless. So many better options today.

Haha, yeah, I don't post here often, but am excited to become more active. Lafayette is largely known to have had some of the best quad circuitry. I'll certainly be trying the Marantz feature, found out it has the proper SQ adapter though, so that's a start. I have a Fosgate/Tate decoder if I want to use this and get serious with it in this room, but one thing at a time :)

Back