Marantz CINEMA 50 - MPEG-H/360RA - Tidal - ChromeCast Ultra??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanesco

Hello,

I have a new Marantz CINEMA 50 AVR with MPEG-H decoder. I have a Chromecast Ultra and Tidal Master subscribtion.
I use Tidal app on my iPhone. I can find the 360 tracks, and when played back on the phone, the "360" indicator is shown, but when cast to my Chromcast it just switch to "HiFi". I'm not able to get it to work no matter what I do. Everything should be setup correctly.
I asked Marantz support, and they told me to use pass-through on my Chromecast. Well I don't see that option in the Google home app. What am I missing??
Anyone else here in the same boat as me here?

https://www.iis.fraunhofer.de/content/dam/iis/de/doc/ame/AES-LA-Webinar-April2020-release.pdf page 46

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

I remember reading a review that said:

Cons​

• The 360 Reality audio playback feature is not available for music streaming services
The full review is here: Marantz CINEMA 50 Review - Impressive in Every Aspect
Maybe there are imminent plans (or ongoing negotiations) to add streaming services support, and Marantz got out over their skis? OP's post highlighted a Marantz brochure that specifically mentions MPEG-H/360 RA "stream[ing] from Amazon Music and Tidal via Chromecast or Fire TV stick."

Back