Marillion - "Afraid of Sunlight" 4CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition out November 1st

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Artwork revealed on Facebook this week:

86240028c1adba7e7a6a4c400219126a.jpg

Me too. To be fair to them, though, I think their CaS mix is basically on par with SW's MC. Could be the source material, eh?

I don't know AoS all that well yet (I'm kinda waiting for the 5.1 to really dive deep into it), but from what I've heard it's pretty densely layered like Brave - so definitely more surround potential there.

As for Clutching 5.1 vs. Misplaced 5.1, I like them both, but I thought Wilson's Misplaced mix made far better use of the surround field.

Full info here: http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/remast47.htm

THE FIRST 4000 ORDERS ACROSS BOTH FORMATS WILL RECEIVE A SIGNED PRINT OF THE ALBUM ARTWORK (WHILE STOCKS LAST).

This is the CD/Bluray version of a brand new (2019) Stereo & 5.1 Remix of Marillion's 1995 album Afraid Of Sunlight.

Disc One features a brand new stereo remix of the album by Michael Hunter.

Disc Two features the original 1995 mix of the album by Dave Meegan.

Discs Three/Four contain a live recording of Marillion’s September 29, 1995 concert at Ahoy in Rotterdam, Netherlands, produced by Michael Hunter.

Six of these tracks first appeared in 1996 on the band’s double live album, Made Again, and the show was also released as a Front Row Club recording - however, this is the first time the entire show has been properly mixed and released - and with the inclusion of the final encore, Garden Party.

The blu-ray contains 48/24 audio of Michael Hunter’s remix of the album in stereo and 5.1.

Also included on the blu-ray are the promo video for Beautiful, a new documentary about the album and early versions, outtakes, demos, and the bonus tracks from the 1999 remaster.

69546663_2719031314847527_7977975260685271040_o.jpg

:)

I never heard a discrete 5.1 mixes from Michael Hunter, so will wait to see the first reviews because I could be disappointed again...

Looks like me and Cesar were thinking of the same thing at the same moment

Back