Marillion - Brave in 5.1, Steven Wilson Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are only a few days left to pre-order the Brave Deluxe Edition directly from the band.
They are offering an exclusive signed print (frame not included;) ) with purchase before midnight Feb 16.

unnamed (2).png

As the band doesn't own the rights to this album, buying directly from them provides them with a better revenue margin so please shop small business :) - they do good work.

http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/brave2018cd.htm

There are only a few days left to pre-order the Brave Deluxe Edition directly from the band.
They are offering an exclusive signed print (frame not included;) ) with purchase before midnight Feb 16.

View attachment 32119

As the band doesn't own the rights to this album, buying directly from them provides them with a better revenue margin so please shop small business :) - they do good work.

Ordered. A little over $42 USD

Marillion’s manager posted a note today indicating that the band received their allotment of Brave Special Editions. They are going to start packing and shipping on Monday. There was a picture of several pallets - each standing 4’ to 5’ in height. The band received 8 pallets but they didn’t say how many are blu-ray and how many are vinyl.

Those who ordered in time to receive the signed print will need to wait a little bit for that to arrive. They are going to mail those separately as the whole band will not have a chance to sign them before March 16.

Pretty cool that they are not going to have us wait for the entire package.

I don’t think he quite said it like that.
I took his comment to mean that he was not neccisarily committed to remixing more Marillion albums as of right now.
It will mostly depend on if his availability and the band’s release timeline lines up some more in the future.
I’m sure he’ll remix more of their albums if he is able to, but he certainly won’t put working with them above his own music and other remix projects (especially XTC, Gentle Giant, and Jethro Tull)

:)
Interestingly enough, this time, Steven Wilson has remixed the album in both 5.1 surround AND stereo.

Full track listing as follows:

DISC 1 (2018 STEVEN WILSON REMIX)
BRIDGE
LIVING WITH THE BIG LIE
RUNAWAY
GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
HARD AS LOVE
THE HOLLOW MAN
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY
PAPER LIES
BRAVE
THE GREAT ESCAPE
MADE AGAIN

DISC 2 DAVE MEEGAN ORIGINAL ALBUM MIX
(all tracks as per disc one)

DISC 3 (LIVE AT LA CIGALE (29 APRIL 1994) – 2018 MICHAEL HUNTER REMIX)
RIVER
BRIDGE
LIVING WITH THE BIG LIE
RUNAWAY
GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
WAVE
MAD
THE OPIUM DEN
THE SLIDE
STANDING IN THE SWING
HARD AS LOVE
THE HOLLOW MAN
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY
NOW WASH YOUR HANDS
PAPER LIES
BRAVE
THE GREAT ESCAPE
MADE AGAIN

DISC 4 (LIVE AT LA CIGALE (29 APRIL 1994) – 2018 MICHAEL HUNTER REMIX
COVER MY EYES (PAIN AND HEAVEN)
SLAINTE MHATH
NO ONE CAN
SYMPATHY
EASTER
GARDEN PARTY
WAITING TO HAPPEN
HOOKS IN YOU
THE SPACE

BLU-RAY DISC
96/24 LCPM BRAVE STEREO REMIX
96/24 LCPM MASTER AUDIO 5.1 REMIX
96/24 DTS HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1 MIX
DOCUMENTARY – IT ALL BEGAN WITH THE BRIGHT LIGHT
THE GREAT ESCAPE (PROMO VIDEO)
THE HOLLOW MAN (PROMO VIDEO)
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY (PROMO VIDEO)
THE GREAT ESCAPE (SPIRAL REMAKE)

JUST received notification that Marillion's BRAVE [Deluxe Edition] was shipped out today from AmazonUK. Should receive it by March 23rd. Delivered Price: $33.38!

Last edited:
A few other little bits of info:
So as I said in a post above, Marillion's manager confirmed that Steven Wilson would be remixing "Clutching at Straws" (the last Fish-era album) and that deluxe edition should be released around the end of the year!
The other bit of info I discovered was when someone told Lucy (Marillion's manager) that they should definitely keep remixing all of Marillion's albums in 5.1, she said this:

"Tell Fish that - he is passionately arguing against them "

:yikes:
What the heck?!? Why is he against them? It's not as if the existence of the 5.1 mixes instantly deletes all vinyl and CDs around with the original stereo mixes.

Marillion’s manager posted a note today indicating that the band received their allotment of Brave Special Editions. They are going to start packing and shipping on Monday. There was a picture of several pallets - each standing 4’ to 5’ in height. The band received 8 pallets but they didn’t say how many are blu-ray and how many are vinyl.

Those who ordered in time to receive the signed print will need to wait a little bit for that to arrive. They are going to mail those separately as the whole band will not have a chance to sign them before March 16.

Pretty cool that they are not going to have us wait for the entire package.

Can you kindly share the link where Marillion's manager posts?

Can you kindly share the link where Marillion's manager posts?

she posts on facebook :( on a couple of pages

1: Marillion
The band's official page - open
Proper announcements typically appear.

2: Lucy's Friday Questions!
Page where fans can ask questions regarding Marillion and she or a couple of other band employees answer. Typically this is where the best "in the know" info comes from.
This is a closed group that you request access to. I think they ask a couple of Marillion related questions to those names she doesn't know.

The band also has a forum that used to be quite robust but sadly is becoming something of a dinosaur. Sadly, announcements are not always re-posted there after the facebook post.
Search Marillion forum

Listened to this last night.I have not heard it before and was not aware that it was no Fish on this.Even if I prefer Fish
this was nice listen.(y)This is much more progressive than Misplaced,but I like them both for different reasons.At first listen I think ,to me at least,that Misplaced has better fidelity.But the mix on this is as good.Will listen more before I vote.

This arrived today. Only a few days after I received the ship notice, England to the US. Had a quick listen to the stereo version while doing other stuff. It is new music to me and I liked it quite a bit. Im looking forward to the surround version this week. Same kind of packaging as the Tull reissues. Nice.

Back