Marillion - Brave in 5.1, Steven Wilson Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly enough, this time, Steven Wilson has remixed the album in both 5.1 surround AND stereo.
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/brave2018cd.htm

Full track listing as follows:

DISC 1 (2018 STEVEN WILSON REMIX)
BRIDGE
LIVING WITH THE BIG LIE
RUNAWAY
GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
HARD AS LOVE
THE HOLLOW MAN
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY
PAPER LIES
BRAVE
THE GREAT ESCAPE
MADE AGAIN

DISC 2 DAVE MEEGAN ORIGINAL ALBUM MIX
(all tracks as per disc one)

DISC 3 (LIVE AT LA CIGALE (29 APRIL 1994) – 2018 MICHAEL HUNTER REMIX)
RIVER
BRIDGE
LIVING WITH THE BIG LIE
RUNAWAY
GOODBYE TO ALL THAT
WAVE
MAD
THE OPIUM DEN
THE SLIDE
STANDING IN THE SWING
HARD AS LOVE
THE HOLLOW MAN
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY
NOW WASH YOUR HANDS
PAPER LIES
BRAVE
THE GREAT ESCAPE
MADE AGAIN

DISC 4 (LIVE AT LA CIGALE (29 APRIL 1994) – 2018 MICHAEL HUNTER REMIX
COVER MY EYES (PAIN AND HEAVEN)
SLAINTE MHATH
NO ONE CAN
SYMPATHY
EASTER
GARDEN PARTY
WAITING TO HAPPEN
HOOKS IN YOU
THE SPACE

BLU-RAY DISC
96/24 LCPM BRAVE STEREO REMIX
96/24 LCPM MASTER AUDIO 5.1 REMIX
96/24 DTS HD MASTER AUDIO 5.1 MIX
DOCUMENTARY – IT ALL BEGAN WITH THE BRIGHT LIGHT
THE GREAT ESCAPE (PROMO VIDEO)
THE HOLLOW MAN (PROMO VIDEO)
ALONE AGAIN IN THE LAP OF LUXURY (PROMO VIDEO)
THE GREAT ESCAPE (SPIRAL REMAKE)

Ordered at Racket Records!

Marillion/Racket did a good price with the first set, packed it well for shipment, so they got my order for this one too.

Steven Wilson posted this today on Facebook:

My remix of Marillion's 1994 concept album Brave will be released as part of the second in a series of deluxe box set editions of the 8 albums the band made for EMI between 1982-1995. It will be available in 4CD/Blu-Ray and 5LP vinyl box set form, both issued by Parlophone / RHINO on 9th March. The CD/BD version includes both the original stereo mix, my new stereo and 5.1 mixes, and a complete live performance from Paris in April 1994 newly mixed by Michael Hunter. The vinyl set includes the new stereo mix and the Paris show recording.

Here's a great preview of the Steven Wilson stereo remix:
[video=youtube;-LRTEprP4bI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LRTEprP4bI[/video]

:)

BTW, Marillion's manager confirmed on Facebook that Steven Wilson will also be remixing the last Fish-era album "Clutching at Straws"!
Here's her exact quote:
"Steve Wilson is doing Clutching and we are considering our options on 5.1 for the other releases - we may not even do 5.1 for the remaining albums."

I'll admit that the Fish era is my favourite period, but it would be great to get the rest in 5.1, the Steve Hogarth era deserves a surround mix (lets hope) as well :music:upthumb

BTW, Marillion's manager confirmed on Facebook that Steven Wilson will also be remixing the last Fish-era album "Clutching at Straws"!
Here's her exact quote:

YES, YES, YES!!! This is the news I've been waiting for! I like Clutching at Straws even more than Misplaced Childhood.

But as for the rest of her message..."considering our options on 5.1 for the other releases - we may not even do 5.1 for the remaining albums." By "options", does she mean finding someone to do the future mixing duties since SW isn't going to be doing them? And "may not even do 5.1" - I assume that means Clutching at Straws may be the last Marillion album to be released in multichannel. That would be a shame.

Like I have said before, future Marillion 5.1 surround mixes will first of all depend on their planned release schedule vs Steven Wilson's own schedule.
If those two things do not continue to line up after the reissue of "Clutching at Straws", then they will either get someone else to mix the rest of their albums in 5.1 surround, or they may not even worry about future 5.1 surround mixes.

Obviously, there's other capable people who could take hold of the reins if needed, like Bruce Soord, Rob Reed, and Jakko Jakszyk, not to mention that Nick Davis could remix "Seasons End", which he originally produced for the band, but I'm up for as many Marillion 5.1 surround mixes as they are willing to give us, especially if they are remixed by Steven Wilson.

A few other little bits of info:
So as I said in a post above, Marillion's manager confirmed that Steven Wilson would be remixing "Clutching at Straws" (the last Fish-era album) and that deluxe edition should be released around the end of the year!
The other bit of info I discovered was when someone told Lucy (Marillion's manager) that they should definitely keep remixing all of Marillion's albums in 5.1, she said this:
Tell Fish that - he is passionately arguing against them
:yikes

So maybe we won't get "Script for a Jester's Tear" and "Fugazi" in 5.1 if Fish has his way (and also if they can't find a suitable replacement mixer if Steven Wilson does bow out at some point) but it seems like the rest of the band (including current singer Steve Hogarth) don't have any issues with 5.1, so hopefully we will at least get "Seasons End", "Holidays in Eden", and "Afraid of Sunlight" in 5.1 after "Brave" and "Clutching at Straws"

Boooooooo! Hisssssss! I could live without Script as it isn't as richly layered as what came after, but Fugazi would be great in 5.1, and the original master is too bright.

Back