Marillion "Distant Lights" (Live Blu-Ray from 2019 Marillion weekends)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Available to order now: Distant Lights

This is a live 2 Blu-Ray recording of the 2019 Marillion Weekends and features footage from both the Port Zelande and Leicester shows.

We are delighted, and somewhat relieved, to present a record of the last Marillion Weekend, from what has become the distant past!

Which is half the reason for calling the two-film set ‘Distant Lights’ - the other half, of course, being a nod to a lyric from the Happiness Is The Road album, which was the centrepiece of the 2019 Sunday night show.

Just to quash any speculation, the delay in releasing these films was not so much caused by any turn of events, as by everyone having been consumed by the creation of An Hour Before It’s Dark over the last couple of years.

Standard DVD case with 16 page illustrated booklet.

Recorded and Mixed by Michael Hunter. Filmed by Tim Sidwell for Toward Infinity.

2536.jpg

2536.jpg

A little more info about this release:

As you know, we normally film all three nights, edit, mix and release them. This time we have had to do things slightly differently…
At the beginning of the first UK Covid lockdown back in 2020 we suffered a bit of a disaster. Our lovely and brilliant Director, Tim Sidwell, had a break-in at his studio and a lot of equipment and several hard drives were stolen.
Unfortunately, amongst these drives was much of the raw footage from Friday and Saturday at Port Zélande, (as well as the back-ups :eek:/ ). Fortunately all of the footage from the Sunday night was spared and, even more fortunately, we had
also decided to film the Friday night of the UK Weekend in Leicester and the footage from that show was safe elsewhere.
Just to quash any speculation, the delay in releasing these films was not so much caused by this turn of events, as by everyone having been consumed by the creation of An Hour Before It’s Dark over the last couple of years.
So we are delighted, and somewhat relieved, to present a record of the last Marillion Weekend, from what has become the distant past!
...Which is half the reason for calling the two-film set ‘Distant Lights’ - the other half, of course, being a nod to a lyric from the Happiness Is The Road album, which was the centrepiece of the 2019 Sunday night show.

Received my copy 2 days ago.
Very pleased with it (well almost), like I am with all my blu-rays from the Marillion Weekends.
Video is very decent (viewing it on a UHD OLED TV) and the audio is quite good for a live recording.
I was disappointed with the audio on An Hour Before It's Dark, so I cannot wait for a live recording when they play this album.

The 'well almost' concerns the lip-sync issue I am experiencing.
The audio is about 2 seconds behind the video (according to VLC) and my blu-ray player and AVR can only delay audio, so I cannot correct it (I only can enter plus values and not minus values).
I then ripped the discs using MakeMKV and then using VLC I can adjust the delay to -2 seconds (so in effect I am delaying the video) to make it in-sync.
I would like to hear from other buyers if they are experiencing the same.

Despite this issue I enjoyed both discs very much.

It is great that some bands are still putting out DVDs of concerts etc...
You don't see many coming out these days

Received my copy 2 days ago.
Very pleased with it (well almost), like I am with all my blu-rays from the Marillion Weekends.
Video is very decent (viewing it on a UHD OLED TV) and the audio is quite good for a live recording.
I was disappointed with the audio on An Hour Before It's Dark, so I cannot wait for a live recording when they play this album.

The 'well almost' concerns the lip-sync issue I am experiencing.
The audio is about 2 seconds behind the video (according to VLC) and my blu-ray player and AVR can only delay audio, so I cannot correct it (I only can enter plus values and not minus values).
I then ripped the discs using MakeMKV and then using VLC I can adjust the delay to -2 seconds (so in effect I am delaying the video) to make it in-sync.
I would like to hear from other buyers if they are experiencing the same.

Despite this issue I enjoyed both discs very much.
I certainly do not recognize the problem as you describe it. It looks and listens just fine. Longing more and more for a live Blu-ray performance of "an hour before..."

Back