Marillion-Fear 5.1 DVD BLU-RAY SETS

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't find any info on the bluray set?
This from the PledgeMusic page:
Super limited Edition Box Set. Signed by the band – Contains album on CD, vinyl and a Blu-ray containing a making of the album film, 5.1 mix (96K) of the album, 96k mix of the album, rough demos, instrumental versions and films and visuals to accompany each song on the album which will be used on future tours – all presented in a 180 page 12" × 12" art book with exclusive artwork and name in credits list for boxset pledgers only – a lyric and chord booklet, Marillion plectrums, and a campaign edition t-shirt.

Thanks! I believe it's too exslusive for me. Give me a stand alone bluray and i'm all ears.

$200.00 bucks to get to the Blu Ray? Seriously? I must be missing something here...
Oh I get it now: F*** Everyone And Run :confused:
I guess they'll have to keep running without my $$

Available in a variety of disc sets MARRILION -FEAR,5.1 BLURAY https://www.burningshed.com/store/p...http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/marillion

Dts dvd as well.

Burning Shed also states super audio cd ??? (might be a mistake though)

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/marillion. Correct link.

Not quite accurate. The Blu-ray is part of a ridiculously over priced uber snob pre-order set offered via "PledgeMusic".
The PledegeMusic campaign is now closed and supposedly these will not be available via retail.
According to all the information that is out there (but not clearly confirmed by the band), the 5.1 option will only be available to those ordering certain PledgeMusic sets.

What will be available for retail (according to the band presently) is:
Standard CD
Double Vinyl
SACD

It is the popular belief of the superfans that the SACD is hi-def stereo only - Not multi-channel. Again neither confirmed or denied from the band.

There has been a lot of revisions to what is and what isn't being offered as exclusives to the PledegeMusic options. Lots of heated debate on fan forums over the Uber Set price point and the band changing their minds about offering the 5.1 mix & High Def mix as exclusive to the Uber Set.
After hearing a small but vocal contingent, the band seemed to change their mind and made the 5.1 mix part of the more acceptable Deluxe Edition. Later, they announced the SACD at retail option which seems to address the other vocal contingent that have pressed the band for more high-def options for years.

All that being said, the band (for as great as they are) have never really believed in 5.1 and seem to have placated some fans of the format by offering up a few very lackluster 5.1 releases. Even after being advised by the 5.1 fans that they shouldn't even bother releasing a 5.1 mix of the new album if they aren't going to do it right, their manger stated on the band's forum that "trust us - we have someone".
I am not holding my breath for a Steve Wilson-esc surround mix here.

-- Greg (Super Marillion Fan)

PS: I still think this is one of the best bands out their. Deep multilayered music that doesn't pander to the masses but at the same time doesn't get too pretentious. These are albums that grow on you when you invest an effort in listening for a few times.

I'm not familiar with this band, but thought I'd post the surround info.

What caught my eye was the SACD via The Shed.

As to the Uber FN expensive 5.1 sets.I hope this doesn't start becoming the norm (eg. Alan Parsons-Tales) !!!!

Greed should NEVER be an artist's motive to issue something in surround.(n)

Fizzy, being realistic.

Being unfamiliar with their work, I would definitely spring for the SACD if it is 5.1, but not if in stereo. Waiting for more details ;)

Greed should NEVER be an artist's motive to issue something in surround.(n)

Fizzy, being realistic.

The band released a song from the album to those that pledged. It is called "New Kings" and ironically it is somewhat a social commentary on greed.

To Gabel: Check them out on YouTube - I doubt the SACD will be multichannel.

--Greg

If what happened with their last album is any indication, watch the 5.1 mix show up on a live Blu-ray of their upcoming tour. Their Blu-ray release of A Sunday Night Above The Rain includes a third disc that features a 5.1 mix of Sounds That Can't Be Made. When that album came out, it had a similar limited edition box set, with a DVD containing a surround mix I believe.

By the way, the album was leaked and I must say it's really good, much better than the last two ones. Don't have any high hopes for the surround mix on the DVD, but at least I know that I pledged for good :)

My DVD was shipped last week, so mid this one I should have it. Just in case you want to have my impression about the surround mix before pulling the trigger on the SACD

Back