Marillion "Fugazi" (Deluxe Edition out in September 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preorder from Marillion.com:
https://marillion.com/shop/albums/remast53.htm
There’s a LOT more content on the Blu-Ray than has been previously reported!

:)

2387.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered from Amazon. I can’t wait for September 10th but I don’t want these summer days to fly by 😬

With a full Steven Wilson Atmos mix. Ocean Cloud... Neverland... I'm daydreaming, I know...
right, it will make so much sense to 1) be released in Atmos (nowadays standard for surround), 2) be mixed by SW (he has done previous mixings, hasnt he?), 3) be the next Marillion album to be mixed in surround (we have brave, misplaced childhood, FEAR, Fugazi...it's time for the masterpiece!)

QUOTE="alansanchez86, post: 571332, member: 13355"]
2) be mixed by SW (he has done previous mixings, hasnt he?)
[/QUOTE]

Wilson mixed the track “Genie” and helped mix “Angelina” on the album.

The album is not from the band’s major label era and is not part of this deluxe campaign.
However, surround enthusiasts in the band’s main fan base is continually prodding the band to releases a 5.1 of the album. It is definitely considered to be one of their best works.

After the Fugazi, the last two releases in the series will be from the Hogarth era.
‘Holidays in Eden’ late this year. A very deliberate attempt to go mainstream.

And then, ‘Seasons End’ which was Hogarth’s debut. The music is made up from a lot of the material that was being worked on as the follow up to the last album with Fish but with alternate lyrics.

Very interesting stuff. For a long time the band did not acknowledge working on a follow up with Fish after ‘Clutching’. It was only when the first reissue campaign came out that demos were released of the aborted 5th album. Some of the music from those demos ended up on ‘Seasons End’ with new lyrics and some of the lyrics were repurposed on Fish’s debut solo album.

Back