Marillion "Fugazi" (Deluxe Edition out in September 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BOOM!!!
20210910_121425.jpg

Received my copy of the boxset today.

Happy to say that unlike the Freehand and VDGG releases this plays fine on the Oppo (BDP83)

Haven't had time to listen to the whole thing but what I did sample (Emerald Lies and Incubus) sounded great.

R E

This thread has gone totally Fugazi

Amazon’s box of 5.1 gracefully cruising my surround satellite infested heavens.

Waiting, the shipping of the box, the penultimate migration

Surround mixes, for the fashionably, for the terminally insane, insane

Do you realize? Do you realize?
Do you realize, 5.1 is totally Fugazi

Where are the shipments. Where are the microwaves, where are the signed copies
To breach the dawn of the sentimental audiophiles

Playing this now,clearly the best mixes since the SW ones.Lots of action in the rears. :cool: Very good fidelity too.
Just arrived .
First listen for me.
Yep, I concur....
Avril and Andy have upped their game!!

Still prefer Fish as the lead vocalist.

Not sure about the graphics though...parts of it remind how I see things when I've had a tipple too many... :D

Just arrived .
First listen for me.
Yep, I concur....
Avril and Andy have upped their game!!

Still prefer Fish as the lead vocalist.

Not sure about the graphics though...parts of it remind how I see things when I've had a tipple too many... :D
I too prefer Fish as the lead vocalist by a good margin.

So far I have bought all 6 Marillion Deluxe versions from either Marrilion's official store (5) or Fish Store (1). I will buy Season's End but hope I can skip Holidays in Eden... What's next?

Watched the 35min 'about the songs' doco - really good. Then the album. Great sound and a great mix. At first I almost thought there was too much in the rears! :D Very, very pleased. Not seen yet: 75 min album doco,double live album in hi res, B sides, demos, promo video, book. Such a generous package.

Tiny imperfections: Cinderella Search should be in 5.1 (the band say it should have been on the album, it's not even hi res here) and the re-recorded Market Square Heroes is not present. Also might have been nice to have the TOTP performances of the singles. But it would be very ungrateful to complain about this.

Time for the regular plea for the B Sides Themselves comp to be mixed in 5.1 (and now with an added plea to remix Script in 5.1 like Fugazi is mixed and place it as a bonus.)

Looking at recent comments on the Steve Hoffman site, and they’re really ripping on this. Personally, I think the 5:1 mix sounds great. I listened to half the Montreal concert and the band was killing it. On the Hoffman site they are mulling over the numbers.

I agree it would have been great to have “Cinderella Search” in 5.1 on there, but I wasn’t expecting it—we haven’t gotten any of the bonus tracks in 5.1 so far, IIRC.

But… ripping on it? Seriously? I really can’t see how anyone can be dissatisfied with this mix, I think it’s fantastic. (Just for the record*, I really love the Script mix, though there I can see how others might not.)
(*) pun intended

Last edited:
I agree it would have been great to have “Cinderella Search” in 5.1 on there, but I wasn’t expecting it—we haven’t gotten any of the bonus tracks in 5.1 so far, IIRC.

But… ripping on it? Seriously? I really can’t see how anyone can be dissatisfied with this mix, I think it’s fantastic. (Just for the record, I really love the Script mix, though there I can see how others might not.)
I dig the Script mix but not as much as this Fugazi mix. I hope to give it another spin tonight.

Back