Marillion "Fugazi" (Deluxe Edition out in September 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
I know it's been discussed elsewhere throughout the forum, but I thought it was a good time to create a thread for this new release that will be out this year!

Marillion's go-to visual guy Tim Sidwell posted this picture on his Instagram this morning, along with the caption "The Marillion Fugazi reissue is in its final check stage"
Even more importantly, there was another comment he posted below saying "The 5.1 is amazing!"

I'm very much looking forward to this release!

160299329_1396329240699642_2600624465111201940_n.jpg

I know it's been discussed elsewhere throughout the forum, but I thought it was a good time to create a thread for this new release that will be out this year!

Marillion's go-to visual guy Tim Sidwell posted this picture on his Instagram this morning, along with the caption "The Marillion Fugazi reissue is in its final check stage"
Even more importantly, there was another comment he posted below saying "The 5.1 is amazing!"

I'm very much looking forward to this release!

160299329_1396329240699642_2600624465111201940_n.jpg
Fantastic! Thanks for posting this on the QQ forum. I am so looking forward to hearing Incubus in glorious 5.1!

Really excited for this. I think that the tonal balance of the original stereo mix can definitely be improved upon, and Bradfield & Mackintosh proved themselves capable of an excellent 5.1 mix with Fish's Weltschmerz--hopefully they'll continue with that more active surround mixing style here.

Fugazi was the first Marillion album I bought. I believe I bought it in December of 1985. My friend Mike introduced me to them couple months earlier when he bought Misplaced Childhood. Fugazi has always held a special place for me. I hope pre-order will be available soon.

I've gotten into Marillion because of these surround sets and as such I'm not at all familiar with this one, but count me in as I've liked the others and have bought even more dvd/blu-rays from them recently. Looking forward to hearing this one whenever it arrives.

Avril says I'll be happier with this 5.1 mix than I was with Script. I take that as a very good sign.

Do you know if Avril mixed the associated tracks in surround this time? It would be a crime not to get “Cinderella Search” (the full version) and “3 Boats Down from the Candy” in surround.

I've gotten into Marillion because of these surround sets and as such I'm not at all familiar with this one, but count me in as I've liked the others and have bought even more dvd/blu-rays from them recently. Looking forward to hearing this one whenever it arrives.

It is perhaps their most aggressive album. Certainly of the Fish era.

He sure did lay down some bitter lyrics for this one.

Do you know if Avril mixed the associated tracks in surround this time? It would be a crime not to get “Cinderella Search” (the full version) and “3 Boats Down from the Candy” in surround.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think this time just the main album was remixed.

The excuse for “Script’s” associated tracks not being done in surround was the time constraint of working the 3 debut single tracks into 5.1. With the song “Grendel” coming in at 17 minutes, the single was more considered an EP.

If the label was smart (and the multi tracks are still available), they should also try to to issue a box set for the compilation b-sides album that is appropriately called “B’Sides Themselves”.

The bands b-sides were as good as anything on the albums proper. “Cinderella Search” is probably better than most of the proper album.

The excuse for “Script’s” associated tracks not being done in surround was the time constraint of working the 3 debut single tracks into 5.1. With the song “Grendel” coming in at 17 minutes, the single was more considered an EP.

I suppose that makes sense, but they already did like 80% of the work (finding the right takes, getting the correct instrument balances, EQ, compression, reverb, etc) in the stereo remix. All they really had left to do was give each element a location in the surround field.

How likely is the 2021 release to be real ? I've heard rumors of an impending Fugazi deluxe edition for a year, at least, but there's no official word on it. I'm a huge fan of the album, so it's something I'd love to see happen, but given the lack of real clues pointing to such a release and the fact that Marillion central are (understandably) now concentrating on the Hogarth years ... well ... I have to be skeptical.

How likely is the 2021 release to be real ? I've heard rumors of an impending Fugazi deluxe edition for a year, at least, but there's no official word on it. I'm a huge fan of the album, so it's something I'd love to see happen, but given the lack of real clues pointing to such a release and the fact that Marillion central are (understandably) now concentrating on the Hogarth years ... well ... I have to be skeptical.

have a look at the marillion app, it came from the band themselves, it’s not a rumour

Back