Marillion "Fugazi" (Deluxe Edition out in September 2021!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose that makes sense, but they already did like 80% of the work (finding the right takes, getting the correct instrument balances, EQ, compression, reverb, etc) in the stereo remix. All they really had left to do was give each element a location in the surround field.
And Grendel is regarded as a bit of an epic by fans. I wonder how much extra effort would have been needed

Pete Trewavas pictured signing the artwork for the signed giveaways (probably limited) on Marillions FaceBook page.
PeteSigFug.jpg

Release date is August 27th.
It's a 3CD/Blu-Ray package.

CD 1 is the stereo remix of the album.
CDs 2 & 3 are the complete concert recorded in Montreal in June 1984.

The Blu-Ray contains the 5.1 mix, stereo remix, and Montreal concert in high-res, plus there should also be the customary video content like the other deluxe editions (new documentary, music videos, etc.)

Can't wait!

:)

Awesome! This is encouraging to see. Preorder has to be right around the corner. Hopefully it is a June or July release
Marillion's manager today said today on FB that she expects an early July official announcement and pre-order from their site. Indicated that Warner is controlling the official release date & pre-order even though we all know it is coming.

Pete Trewavas pictured signing the artwork for the signed giveaways (probably limited) on Marillions FaceBook page.
View attachment 67083
That is insane. My signature completely degraded in my first retail job where I had to constantly sign bs items. I can't imagine having to sign all those cards and still contributing something meaningful after half a box.

Also, I can't wait for this to be available. Fugazi has been the early Marillion album I have been most eager to hear in surround.

That is insane. My signature completely degraded in my first retail job where I had to constantly sign bs items. I can't imagine having to sign all those cards and still contributing something meaningful after half a box.

Also, I can't wait for this to be available. Fugazi has been the early Marillion album I have been most eager to hear in surround.
Haha, me too, I used to have a perfectly legible signature, 'till I started working on a till where you had to sign things many times a day, my sig now is just a quick squiggle! And Fugazi is my favourite Marillion album, so yea I'm super excited about this one.

Release date is August 27th.
It's a 3CD/Blu-Ray package.

CD 1 is the stereo remix of the album.
CDs 2 & 3 are the complete concert recorded in Montreal in June 1984.

The Blu-Ray contains the 5.1 mix, stereo remix, and Montreal concert in high-res, plus there should also be the customary video content like the other deluxe editions (new documentary, music videos, etc.)

Can't wait!

:)
Not surprised at Montreal since it was one of the sources of Real to Reel. But just three CDs? That's a new low...

Not surprised at Montreal since it was one of the sources of Real to Reel. But just three CDs? That's a new low...
I suppose it mostly comes down to whether there is anything else from that period worth putting on an extra CD. The bonus disc from the 1998 remaster was basically all demos of songs already on the album (hardly interesting enough to put in this collection), Three Boats Down From the Candy (which was already remixed for the Script release), and "Cinderella Search". I honestly can't think of any other songs that would justify an additional CD being in the package. One of the consequences of it being one of their earliest albums.

True, what’s missing is a disc of the original mix of the album, not sure of the intention!
They will likely have this on the Blu-Ray though. They could put it on a CD, I suppose, like they did with Brave and Afraid of Sunlight. I imagine that choice came down to the producer, as we have seen differences in how the Fish-era and Hogarth-era re-releases have been handled.

They will likely have this on the Blu-Ray though.
The original mix of Script was not honored in any way, though?

I suppose it mostly comes down to whether there is anything else from that period worth putting on an extra CD. The bonus disc from the 1998 remaster was basically all demos of songs already on the album (hardly interesting enough to put in this collection), Three Boats Down From the Candy (which was already remixed for the Script release), and "Cinderella Search". I honestly can't think of any other songs that would justify an additional CD being in the package. One of the consequences of it being one of their earliest albums.
We don't know if there aren't any work-in-progress versions from the era beyond what was on the 1998 remaster. I guess it just stings because stuff was bumped off the previous releases due to "no more than five discs" - including all sorts of stuff like the song "Tux On", or all the pre-Script demos that have been bootlegged.

Back