Marillion Holiday In Zelande Blu-Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugene

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Anyone has seen this Blu-Ray version of Marillion Weekend in 2011. I thought that the picture quality is excellent compare to some Blu-Ray music shows i have seen lately.

What's the sound like? I see its DTS-HDMA but is it a good 5.1 mix or just ambient rears? I'm thinking about ordering this, just discovered Marillion and have their other blu-ray (Live From Cadogan Hall) in transit from Amazon UK. Looking forward to hearing that in 5.1 - only listened to a few mp3 samples.

What's the sound like? I see its DTS-HDMA but is it a good 5.1 mix or just ambient rears? I'm thinking about ordering this, just discovered Marillion and have their other blu-ray (Live From Cadogan Hall) in transit from Amazon UK. Looking forward to hearing that in 5.1 - only listened to a few mp3 samples.

Unfortunately, it's just a ambient rears, like the latest releases from the band. But the sound is good and the picture awesome!

Thanks. I think I'll pull the trigger on this one as I really like the music I've heard so far.

I would love to acquire this release one day...
Hopefully Marillion represses the Blu-Ray set at some point, cause it is still out of stock right now...

I would love to acquire this release one day...
Hopefully Marillion represses the Blu-Ray set at some point, cause it is still out of stock right now...

Someone on eBay (in Wilmington, DE) listed a brand new (still sealed) copy of this Blu-Ray for $50, and I decided to snatch it right up!
Marillion's own website had been selling this title for 34.99 GBP (which is $47.63 USD) so I don't think I'm overpaying for this title at all.

It's 3 full-length concerts recorded during their 2011 Marillion weekend in Port Zelande, including a complete live performance of the "Holidays in Eden" album on Disc 1 and a special A-Z set on Disc 2, featuring a cover of XTC's "Senses Working Overtime" with special guest guitarist Dave Gregory!

I can't wait to dig into this Blu-Ray set once it arrives!

:)

Back