Marillion "Holidays in Eden" remix from Stephen W Tayler in September 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent mix. Another excellent job by Stephen Tayler. This album has grown on me over the years. I hope after Seasons End, it is not the end for these deluxe editions. I would love to have a deluxe edition of This Strange Engine with a 5.1 mix.
After the EMI ones have finished that will be 8, the last 4 have been done in surround sound, that makes 12, leaving 8 in the middle, one every six months would suffice, i’m not greedy I just like a lot!

After the EMI ones have finished that will be 8, the last 4 have been done in surround sound, that makes 12, leaving 8 in the middle, one every six months would suffice, i’m not greedy I just like a lot!

dont forget - there is Radiation in 5.1 on Breaking Records

Reactions: SHB
I agree. I missed out on a copy and cannot find it anywhere. If I do, I imagine it would be at an exorbitant price.
You're not missing out on much. It is not great... might as well not be 5.1. Hunter did a better job by far on Afraid of Sunlight.

Listening now, very nice mix! I am not familiar with this album at all but for me it’s the most accessible out of the small amount of Marillion’s catalog I’ve delved into. I can’t compare with the original mix, but everything sounds right where it should be in the 5.1 mix. One small little nitpick is it doesn’t tell you which song is playing during the album program, a little annoying for someone who doesn’t know the album.

Also, shame on whoever neglected to credit @Stephen W Tayler ’s fine work, not only that but spelling his name wrong, which I also noticed is on the Spotify version as well: Stephen Taylor.

Reactions: Tat
It is up in Canada, although on Spotify it was not in the ‘latest release’ section of the artist page, I found it right next to the 1998 remastered version.
Hmm. It took at least a month after release day for the Fugazi remix to appear on Spotify in the US, so I expect the same may happen here. Interestingly enough, they seem to have completely pulled the '98 remaster of Fugazi and left only the remix (the band must have really hated that original mix). The other albums are available in original and remixed form.

Hmm. It took at least a month after release day for the Fugazi remix to appear on Spotify in the US, so I expect the same may happen here. Interestingly enough, they seem to have completely pulled the '98 remaster of Fugazi and left only the remix (the band must have really hated that original mix). The other albums are available in original and remixed form.
Sometimes I find that even though they don’t show up on the artist page, the albums are still on Spotify. A quick Google search reveals that the 1998 remaster of Fugazi is there, but only 1 song is still available, most likely because it’s found on some compilation.

92FED0C5-F846-4741-A7E7-87EEE9C97D28.png

My copy hasn’t arrived yet from the Marillion site but they sent out a email that it had shipped. I am really anxious for Holidays in Eden to show up hopefully this week.

Back