Marillion "Holidays in Eden" remix from Stephen W Tayler in September 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In addition both formats also include the full concert from Hammersmith Odeon on 30th September 1991.
Which is one night after the one used on Made Again... 🤔
Looks beautiful.
I can see the original mix will not be included, but who cares.
Worse is no bonus content on the CDs beyond the concert once again, even though the old 2CD doesn't even include everything relevant... Oh well, I'm still getting it.

Last edited:
Does that mean that no Marbles 5.1 release at any time?
No, that's not what it means.

Look at the first sentence from my quoted post:
We are pleased to announce the latest (and almost final) in our series of Deluxe Editions of the Marillion EMI Studio albums. This time it's the turn of Holidays In Eden
That's the key word: EMI.
"Marbles" was not one of the 8 albums released on EMI Records so it will not be part of this deluxe series, but that does not necessarily mean that the band will not release a deluxe version of "Marbles" at some point.

:)

Even though i'm cursed with a completist streak, i was going to skip this release . . . until i heard @Stephen W Tayler did the mix! He is becoming one of my favorite artists (as mixer, producer, composer, sound designer, audio engineer, performer, . . . !), which now makes this one essential! Pre-ordered! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!

Last edited:
Can’t say I’m too enamoured with Marillion’s music, nevertheless I’m still a little bummed I missed out on most of these deluxe reissues, so I may just pick this one up even though I’ve never heard it.

Fugazi arrived about a month ago but I have yet to listen to it. I’m sure the 2 Wilson remixes are well worth it but of course they are long out of print.

Can’t say I’m too enamoured with Marillion’s music, nevertheless I’m still a little bummed I missed out on most of these deluxe reissues, so I may just pick this one up even though I’ve never heard it.

Fugazi arrived about a month ago but I have yet to listen to it. I’m sure the 2 Wilson remixes are well worth it but of course they are long out of print.
Holidays in Eden is probably their “poppiest” album they ever made, EMI were pressuring them at the time, so if you’re not a big prog fan you might enjoy this one, although there are some great prog moments too

Here's amazon: Amazon.com: Holidays In Eden (Deluxe Edition) : Marillion: Movies & TV

I'm sure that price will drop between now and release date, but even then, $60 for 4 discs (including a PACKED Blu-Ray) is not bad at all

:)
Thanks! I ordered from Amazon. I'm sure the price will drop too. If not, if something better comes along, it is easy to cancel with Amazon. I'm pleasantly surprised another vendor has listed it already. Usually it seems like I am playing the old waiting game with Amazon for them to list it.

It's definitely the new one. There is now only one image, the format is listed as Blu-ray, and it's a preorder.
The above Amazon link is definitely not the new deluxe edition - at least here in the UK - its the earlier 1998 remaster not the new mix.

Depending on where you live be careful and maybe avoid that choice at the moment

Back