Marillion "Holidays in Eden" remix from Stephen W Tayler in September 2022!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due probably to my age/loss of some high end hearing, I didn’t notice to much high end in Fugazi. Same with Al Stewart - Year of the Cat - which had a lot of complaints about too much high end in it’s surround mix. I didn‘t hear too much high end in YotC either.

Just got a ship notice from Importcds. Eden is probably my least favorite of the EMI reissues, but the packages are so good I had to have it. Hopefully the surround mix engages me more than the stereo did. It has one of the nicest cover art from the Hogarth era releases.

Just got a ship notice from Importcds. Eden is probably my least favorite of the EMI reissues, but the packages are so good I had to have it. Hopefully the surround mix engages me more than the stereo did. It has one of the nicest cover art from the Hogarth era releases.
I’m listening to it now, the 5.1 mix is astounding, such a shame that Stephen W Taylor gets only a tiny mention in the book (which he is only credited for the stereo remix, a dreadful error by the band in my opinion)

I’m listening to it now, the 5.1 mix is astounding, such a shame that Stephen W Taylor gets only a tiny mention in the book (which he is only credited for the stereo remix, a dreadful error by the band in my opinion)
Thank you for that! Yes it's true - not only got my name wrong, but also no mention that I mixed the 5.1 and the wonderful live concert - SWTx

Mine is on the way. Animals was faster.
Some 5.1 mixes of Marillion's records were not that exciting, so I'm very curious about Stephen W Tayler's approach.

Mine is on the way. Animals was faster.
Some 5.1 mixes of Marillion's records were not that exciting, so I'm very curious about Stephen W Tayler's approach.
You will not be disappointed, plenty of action in the rears from the beginning

I am chomping at the bit waiting to get notification from Lasercd that it has shipped. I got Animals delivered and I will listen to it tonight but dang, I am more of a Marillion fan and wanting to hear Tayler's mix. Lasercd is usually pretty good shipping stuff but I may go to the local store where I originally bought it as an import back in the summer of 1991.

I am chomping at the bit waiting to get notification from Lasercd that it has shipped. I got Animals delivered and I will listen to it tonight but dang, I am more of a Marillion fan and wanting to hear Tayler's mix. Lasercd is usually pretty good shipping stuff but I may go to the local store where I originally bought it as an import back in the summer of 1991.
Animals is due to arrive tomorrow for me, the post office actually emailed me my tracking number, that has never happened before, i’m glad that Marillion arrived today as I can concentrate on my favourite Pink floyd album tomorrow

Hi Stephen, i like your work for Van der Graaf Generator and now Marillion. Is there anywhere a list from your 5.1 mixes?
Hi there - well most of the recent releases are listed here QuadraphonicQuad - Engineers Lists and search stephen w tayler
add to that Bill Nelson's Red Noise 'Sound On Sound' - a Renaissance set due in November - but at least another 4 box sets waiting to be released in the coming months - one in particular with multiple classic studio albums and live shows - but can't divulge yet!! SWTx

or you can see a list of recent works here Stephen W Tayler - many different projects from the last decade....

Last edited:
Hi there - well most of the recent releases are listed here QuadraphonicQuad - Engineers Lists and search stephen w tayler
add to that Bill Nelson's Red Noise 'Sound On Sound' - a Renaissance set due in November - but at least another 4 box sets waiting to be released in the coming months - one in particular with multiple classic studio albums and live shows - but can't divulge yet!! SWTx

or you can see a list of recent works here Stephen W Tayler - many different projects from the last decade....
It seems that your next mix is ready to preorder "Renaissance - Azure D’Or".

I haven't had a chance to listen to Holidays In Eden yet, as I'm still listening to Animals (and I'm working!).

But it fits nicely on my dedicated Jethro Tull/Marillion shelf!

1663339103895.jpeg

Back