Marillion - Misplaced Childhood in 5.1, Steven Wilson mix!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be mistaken but I think Marillion's shop is getting the bulk of these to sell. The band's management indicated they should be back in stock next week.
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/misplaced-deluxeCD.htm
If you can, shop from the band's site. They do not own the rights to album and literally make more money being the re-seller in this case as opposed to the artist.

I may be mistaken but I think Marillion's shop is getting the bulk of these to sell. The band's management indicated they should be back in stock next week.
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/misplaced-deluxeCD.htm
If you can, shop from the band's site. They do not own the rights to album and literally make more money being the re-seller in this case as opposed to the artist.
Excellent. Just looked with Jester in my cart (should be the same price) and its going to be ~$35 shipped. Just looked on discogs and its crazy how expensive this one got. Thanks for the tip!

Looks like I sold mine just in time (got $140 last month on Ebay, and mine was the lowest price out there!)
I'm surprised they havn't reprinted the Jethro Tull sets as well... they're also selling for insane prices. (Insanely great if you're a seller!)

Looks like I sold mine just in time (got $140 last month on Ebay, and mine was the lowest price out there!)
I'm surprised they havn't reprinted the Jethro Tull sets as well... they're also selling for insane prices. (Insanely great if you're a seller!)
Well done! And yes they are. I got into this way late and now i'm Tull-less (Thinking about Heavy Horses and Stormwatch). I'm dreaming and hoping that when everything is said and done, there will be a BD-A box set with all of those 5.1 mixes.

To back up @fthesoundguy 's post , I just got a text from the band that the additional copies are in stock. Limited run to a few select vendors.

And to sound like a broken record.....
Please consider picking it up from the band's shop. You would be better supporting 4 of the 5 musicians that made this concept album masterpiece!
The SuperDeluxe site would be a good second option given that Paul S does a good job of lobbying artists for surround on these deluxe editions.

I don't think Fish even asked for more copies as his shop seem to have their hands full with the self-distribution of his new & supposedly last solo album.
Great reviews and his first surround mix

My order was able to go through now. ~$38 Shipped to the US. Go get it while its hot.

Man, you are getting really lucky for someone fairly new to the surround hobby. I think I wound up paying like $75 for a banged-up used copy of this last year. It's a fantastic album with an excellent surround mix. Anticipating your review!

Man, you are getting really lucky for someone fairly new to the surround hobby. I think I wound up paying like $75 for a banged-up used copy of this last year. It's a fantastic album with an excellent surround mix. Anticipating your review!
Ha. I guess I am getting a little lucky with some of my purchases. I've still spent a decent amount in 3 months trying to play catch up and my wife is definitely noticing and taking note! Though, after seeing what this was going for, it immediately went off my radar and way down my want list. Anything over $50 for one album, no matter what else is in the box set, makes me severally question whether it is worth it. This one definitely wasn't but for around $40 and knowing how expensive it was (and probably will be again), it flew up my list and made it a must buy.

IMG_5447[1].PNG

Representatives of Marillion's shop just posted this picture and said most of the pallet has already been sold. Indications are that there will not be another pressing.

Checked with SDE yesterday and it looks like it's already sold out.
Was able to grab a copy for a fairly reasonable price back in the day. Was totally unfamilair with this group until Steven Wilson laid his hands on them. I'll have to give this another listen soon, but my first impression was "meh" as far as the material goes. Not a big fan of Fish's voice, or the band, unfortunately. I think I prefer "Brave."

Reactions: GOS
Next question is: how many more of these Marillion sets do I need.
Reviews for SFAJT are mixed at best and the rest probably hard to find

Next question is: how many more of these Marillion sets do I need.
Reviews for SFAJT are mixed at best and the rest probably hard to find

Brave is definitely worth seeking out for the amazing 5.1 mix, even if you're not 100% sold on the music. I started off only liking a few songs and eventually the whole thing grew on me. The Clutching and Sunlight 5.1's aren't quite as spectacular, but they have their moments. The only one that's really disappointing from a surround mix standpoint is Jester, but I'd still recommend it if you like the album - the fidelity of the remix is so much better that the original.

I’d read somewhere that the 2.0 on Script was mastered loud, but that may have been one person’s atypical opinion.
Don’t know the album at all, will listen to samples and go from there

Back