Marillion "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marillion's manager posted a picture today of her holding one of the Script deluxe editions that arrived at their office.
The sticker indicates that the BluRay includes "Recital of the Script" & promo videos. Neither of these were promoted as content in the press releases that I saw.

Maybe, oh maybe they also forgot to promote a 5.1 mix of the Market Square Heroes EP?????

For those not familiar.... "Recital of the Script" is a live video release of the final date of the band's tour promoting the Script album. Originally released on VHS and subsequently DVD + an audio only CD. Nice Add!

Script.JPG

Marillion's manager posted a picture today of her holding one of the Script deluxe editions that arrived at their office.
The sticker indicates that the BluRay includes "Recital of the Script" & promo videos. Neither of these were promoted as content in the press releases that I saw.

Maybe, oh maybe they also forgot to promote a 5.1 mix of the Market Square Heroes EP?????

For those not familiar.... "Recital of the Script" is a live video release of the final date of the band's tour promoting the Script album. Originally released on VHS and subsequently DVD + an audio only CD. Nice Add!

View attachment 47205
Weird! And it doesn't say that the Blu-Ray includes the live show at the Marquee Club London, which is what is listed on the website.

View attachment 47205
Oh God, that makes me so queasy. Anyone remember what the previous hype stickers have said?
If they remixed for stereo, they'd be dummies to not do a 5.1 mix... Has anyone official said there'd be surround?

Oh God, that makes me so queasy. Anyone remember what the previous hype stickers have said?
If they remixed for stereo, they'd be dummies to not do a 5.1 mix... Has anyone official said there'd be surround?

The original press release claimed that the Market Square Heroes EP had only been remixed to stereo by Bradfield & Mackintosh. I think what @splinter7 is saying is that if they forgot to include the Recital Of The Script live footage in that press release, maybe they also forgot to indicate that there is in fact a 5.1 remix of Market Square Heroes.

I can't wait to hear "Chelsea Monday" in surround!

Here we (I) go again. I will once again buy another Marillion release in 5.1.....hoping to like it. I just can't help myself.

None of the other four worked for you? If that's the case, you might want to audition it online first. It took me quite a bit longer to get into this one compared to the other two Fish-era releases in surround.

None of the other four worked for you? If that's the case, you might want to audition it online first. It took me quite a bit longer to get into this one compared to the other two Fish-era releases in surround.

Yeah...it's pretty weird. I just find that I click from song to song, waiting for something...that never happens. That's just me obviously.

That’s making this release even better but I really hope they just forgot to say they remixed Grendel in 5.1 fingers crossed. I’ve never seen recital of the script so I’m really looking forward to this now.

Yeah...it's pretty weird. I just find that I click from song to song, waiting for something...that never happens. That's just me obviously.

I kinda feel that way about “Brave”, mainly because I’m not crazy about Steve Hogarth’s voice, but I just got “Afraid Of Sunlight” yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Have you heard this one?

The original press release claimed that the Market Square Heroes EP had only been remixed to stereo by Bradfield & Mackintosh. I think what @splinter7 is saying is that if they forgot to include the Recital Of The Script live footage in that press release, maybe they also forgot to indicate that there is in fact a 5.1 remix of Market Square Heroes.

I can't wait to hear "Chelsea Monday" in surround!

That's what I was trying to say. (y)

My two cents on being a fan of the band from the beginning....
The first two albums (Script & Fugazi) & the EP are a bit more raw and the band is less polished. The lyrics are delivered in more angst / more personal sounding. The music, especially on Fugazi is a bit more aggressive.

Their third (Misplaced) & fourth (Clutching) come across more polished. No doubt the addition of Chris Kimsey as producer helps with that. Fish has seemed to really hone in his lyrical imagery and the music is becoming more complexed and layered.

Fish then leaves and the band brings in Steve Hogarth (H).
Seasons End is comprised mostly of music earmarked for an aborted fifth album with Fish. The lyrics are reworked from two sources. H & and an outside writer named John Helmer. The complexity and layering of the music continues to progress.

Things get a little wonky after this point.
It seems that EMI is disappointed that the band did not recovery from Fish's departure as easily as Genesis did with the passing of PG.
Sources seem to imply that the label now is pressuring them to create a more accessible album.

Holidays in Eden - The album is an across the board attempt to change the band's neo-prog image. They dump the band logo and go with an artsy cover. The band gets saddled with mainstream producer - Christopher Neil (notably produced Sheena Easton's Modern Girl & Morning Train). If the band ever had a "pop" sounding album, this is it. It is an album that tries to fit a square peg in a round hole and results seem to alienate the established fans more than gain new ones.
The band then decide to go back to progressive waters with Brave. A moody and dark concept album. A fantastic effort but probably a little too late to recapture a dwindling fan base. It's 1994 and the golden age of AOR is starting to fade (Ace of Base & Mariah Carey are topping the charts and the cool kids are listening to Soundgarden & NIN).

EMI gives them one more shot with Afraid of Sunlight. In my view the band have finally turned the corner on figuring out how to make something accessible and yet still complex and layered. No promotion is really afforded the band and the album languishes in 1995 and thus ends the band time with the big labels.

Amazingly, this sets the stage for the band's next act which sees them as becoming perhaps the first band to successfully harness the power of crowdfunding and controlling their own fate.

If I had to choose one Marillion album, it'd be Marbles. Many other die hard fans will hate me saying this, but Brave is probably my least favourite album. My family and I (wife, 2 sons) have become regulars at their Weekends in the last 10 years. We try to get to Zelande each time now, it's a very very special weekend.

If I had to choose one Marillion album, it'd be Marbles. Many other die hard fans will hate me saying this, but Brave is probably my least favourite album.

I love Marbles (2 Disc Version) . The Unforgivable Thing is my favorite song. Would love to hear it in 5.1

Likely won’t ever get the chance given that the Marbles rights are controlled by the band. A 5.1 remix might be too risky for their budgets.

by the way.... Happy 36th Birthday today to Fugazi. Very appropriate lyric today.
“This world is totally Fugazi”.

I was a fan from the beginning too. Well, from Script at least. It was the fall of 83 and I just arrived on campus for my freshman year in college. I was in the local record shop 2 days before classes began, and the album cover caught my eye. I had never heard of Marillion but I bought anything that had a cool cover in those days. I liked it a little, but didn't fall in love. It wasn't until the next year when I bought Fugazi that I fell in love with the band and then discovered their previous singles like MSH, 3 Boats, Grendel, etc. Each album that came out was better than the last, and Script now is my 2nd favorite one behind Fugazi. I can't wait until they put out Fugazi in 5.1. It will benefit from surround more than Script, as the music is more layered. I never dreamed we'd hear any of Marillion's albums mixed in surround.

Back