Marillion "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rather enjoyed the documentary too. Interesting back ground info and really interesting to have Diz Minnet interviewed as well. He seems a very level headed guy.
The parts where the other ex-member, Mick Pointer, speaks about Fish, he consistently calls him by his real name Derek Dick and I can't ignore the fact that he very subtly seems to emphasize Derek's last name. Boy boy, is there still bad blood between those two.
But in general: nice documentary and very candid.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the 5.1 yet., but the stereo remix sounds quite good to me.

I listened to the 5.1 mix once it sounded stereo to me...I will try the stereo next time...may be it will sound like 5.1 ;)

Shipping confirmation from deep discount?!
For me too. I placed a large'ish order with Deep Discount using "teapot" code (which finally included the Clutching deluxe box, sold out everywhere else it seems). They refunded me on the Script box a few hours later, saying it wasn't available. But the confirmation shipping e-mail still says it was included for arrival on Friday. I'm not holding my breath. It's still listed for pre-sale on the site, and they didn't delete it from the items ordered in my account. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it's in the shipment. My everlasting regret (despite the middling 5.1 reviews): I didn't order it early enough from marillion.com.

Last edited:
For me too. I placed a large'ish order with Deep Discount using "teapot" code (which finally included the Clutching deluxe box, sold out everywhere else it seems). They refunded me on the Script box a few hours later, saying it wasn't available. But the confirmation shipping e-mail still says it was included for arrival on Friday. I'm not holding my breath. It's still listed for pre-sale on the site, and they didn't delete it from the items ordered in my account. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it's in the shipment. My everlasting regret (despite the middling 5.1 reviews): I didn't order it early enough from marillion.com.
Yeah, I'm skeptical. I'm pretty sure they refunded my paypal. And I haven't seen a notice that I was charged again. :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
okay. so I pulled this out for a second listen. I absolutely love the fact that this version accentuates the musicianship. Its a killer album for its time and the drums and the bass and the vocals and the lead are so focused in this mix . The mix is taken to a new level. Does it have surround gimmick ? Nope. But what it does have is spatialness and the focus on artistry. Its got 'air' where it needs to. I like it -------a lot !!!

BTW, Lucy (Marillion's manager) just said today that Andy & Avril are working on the "Fugazi" remix right now, so the band are obviously fine with their work, though I can't imagine they will be remixing "Seasons End" and "Holidays in Eden". Those two remixes will probably be left to Michael Hunter (like "Afraid of Sunlight" was)

"Seasons End" and "Holidays in Eden". Those two remixes will probably be left to Michael Hunter (like "Afraid of Sunlight" was)
I remember some rumours that Nick Davis might be doing Seasons End since he actually worked on the album. But I guess they're unfounded.

My copy finally arrived yesterday from Amazon UK. I have listened to the surround mix once so far. The fidelity is superb. Yes its not the most surroundy mix, but there is stuff going on there, and I really enjoyed listening to this album for the first time in years and years.

I'm currently watching The Recital of the Script gig from the bluray. Only stereo, but sounds great. And, I had completely forgotten this until I checked the date on the box, but I was there at this gig!:rocks

Got Mine today also - urgh Amazon UK packaging........big box sets they are OK they usually use the inner box..........the smaller sets like this flimsy thin cardboard........came out OK, couple cellophane tears but urgh.

Well the good thing was total with shipping was only 28.78 dollars yep and they dropped the price when shipped from 28 pounds to 23 pounds was like huh?? :rocks

Snoodkins, my copy also arrived yesterday in that 'flimsy' AmazonUK packaging but did arrive perfectly intact and as you said, for the price, it was well worth it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. A lot of content which I've yet to wade through.

BTW, AmazonUS is charging $50 + tax [ALMOST double the price of the UK]!!!!!!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Script-Jeste...d=1588201443&sprefix=Marillion,aps,148&sr=8-1

Last edited:
1581FAC0-B4A7-4526-986A-D1C66005DE8B.jpeg
I forgot I had this cassette of early Marillion Demos and live in Glasgow.

Back