Marillion - Seasons End 5.1 on May

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here we go.
Blu Ray, lots of stuff to watch/listen, too much.
But, I am starting off with the 5.1 in DTS-HD MSTR.
First song slow roll up and then a big bang of sound, then guitars go to rears, vocals isolated dead center, synth trade right/left rears, guitar solo trade front right and rear right. Center channel only active with vocals, no bleed over of other music.
Overall sonic fidelity a 9.
Well, there you go, best I can give you of track 1. Pretty fantastic I would like to say.
Now I will listen to the rest of disc and keep to myself.

OK, here we go.
Blu Ray, lots of stuff to watch/listen, too much.
But, I am starting off with the 5.1 in DTS-HD MSTR.
First song slow roll up and then a big bang of sound, then guitars go to rears, vocals isolated dead center, synth trade right/left rears, guitar solo trade front right and rear right. Center channel only active with vocals, no bleed over of other music.
Overall sonic fidelity a 9.
Well, there you go, best I can give you of track 1. Pretty fantastic I would like to say.
Now I will listen to the rest of disc and keep to myself.
Phew
Wasn't going to get this without a review but glad I caved in.

Glad to hear I may be wrong.

On the original release, “King of Sunset Town” (first track) had an agonizingly long and quite intro. On the plus side, it gives you a minute to settle in after hitting play.

I received Seasons End deluxe edition yesterday from Racket Records (10 days from UK to CA - not bad!).
I think the surround mix is good, but the rears can be louder in my opinion.
The sound is very dynamic - not crushed at all. I have the DR numbers I can post later this evening.
The LFE channel is very quiet (around -20db or more) and consists of only bass guitar, bass pedals and bass drum in full frequency. One song near the end (Hooks in You?) includes a snare drum in the LFE.
However, there is plenty of bass in the fronts!

You might want to double check. That sounds like the vinyl edition price.

You can always head over to www.Marillion.com and pick one up there.
Proudly around $65 Canadian with shipping.
Nope, 85 CAD that’s definitely the Blu ray edition, says it in the title along with the pack shot. I’m gonna be waiting for a sale too as I’ve never even heard the album.

Back